UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

MeisterR Auto Solo Result after suspension swap.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:01 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeah I've gone way off topic with the 'prove' semantics but it's a result of my trade. An objective, repeatable test is very hard but I take your point that this was a bit of fun.

I happened to have an opinion on this topic as I have tried both items. I haven't tried the Meister upgrades from the Zeta, (name escapes me) but they might be amazing.

Now call me a cynic but the fact that this thread sits a few posts above the 'we've overstocked so now selling these coilovers for £599' thread, I can see how people might form an opinion that this was contrived. Now it's in the Traders, and the thread title has been amended, and we've established what 'proof' is, I'll shut up
Old 08-10-2015, 12:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, never knew it was in the general forum, it is better placed here.

I realise the price difference is huge, but why can't these be just as good? Because they are cheaper?

I also realise it's completely subjective, but so are most things posted on an open forum. As I stated, I believe if a well respected forum user posted up this thread it would be received a lot differently. Of course meister r are going to post the findings of a genuine customer who has swapped from a different brand, It would be strange if they didn't to be honest!

Yea as I said some are constructive posts, some are ridiculous, it's easy to separate them reading back!

I see meister have a post showing competition cars that have won using their suspension, should we go tell them all bilstien are better ..........I should point out that was tongue in cheek, and do not wish to be linched by anyone
Old 08-10-2015, 12:29 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig.h
Ah, never knew it was in the general forum, it is better placed here.

I realise the price difference is huge, but why can't these be just as good? Because they are cheaper?

I also realise it's completely subjective, but so are most things posted on an open forum. As I stated, I believe if a well respected forum user posted up this thread it would be received a lot differently. Of course meister r are going to post the findings of a genuine customer who has swapped from a different brand, It would be strange if they didn't to be honest!

Yea as I said some are constructive posts, some are ridiculous, it's easy to separate them reading back!

I see meister have a post showing competition cars that have won using their suspension, should we go tell them all bilstien are better ..........I should point out that was tongue in cheek, and do not wish to be linched by anyone
Are we saying that the £600 MRs are as good as the £1,650 MRs?

More realistically, someone with a budget of £1,500 will tend to look at coilovers in that price range, so Bilsteain/Ohlins/MR GT1 etc etc.

And of course, there are plenty of races where Bilstein-equipped cars are winning.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:34 AM

Well, at least that is all clear up now.
I will report back later to see how everything gets on, but so far the Zeta-R is doing it's job as a "fast road and occasional track use" suspension.

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Are we saying that the £600 MRs are as good as the £1,650 MRs?

More realistically, someone with a budget of £1,500 will tend to look at coilovers in that price range, so Bilsteain/Ohlins/MR GT1 etc etc.

And of course, there are plenty of races where Bilstein-equipped cars are winning.
The £600 Zeta-R isn't a bad suspensions, what it lacks is "finesse" if you compare it to the higher end suspension such as Ohlins / GT1 / etc.

It is actually much more difficult to engineer a good fast road suspension than a race suspension, because it have to deal with a lot of different road surfaces.
It will have to be compliant over bumpy roads for traction, but at the same time give great steering feedback.
Those 2 point is almost opposite of each other, if you make a suspension compliant it will lose steering feedback, and if you provide great steering feedback you lose compliancy.
What high end suspension can do better is by using more complex internal, you can achieve both point better.

If you put both the Zeta-R and the GT1 on a track and just compare pure lap time alone, I would say it won't be very far off.
The GT1 will be slightly better (maybe a second or two) because it will be more consistent and will provide slightly better traction due to the more complex damping curve.
The GT1 will feel nicer to drive on, but there won't be a 5 seconds lap time difference if we are talking about the same car on the same track on the same day.

The real way to see what the GT1 can do is to take the complete trip and compare it.
From the time you start the car, drive the country road to get to the motorway, the 1 hour motorway trip to the track, stiffen the suspension at the paddock for the track day, soften the suspension on the track because of rain, soften the suspension more for the drive home.
That complete trip, the GT1 will perform better than the Zeta-R at every interval, and that is what makes the GT1 more expensive because it is able to do EVERYTHING better.

Jerrick
Old 11-05-2015, 02:10 AM

Just an update on this as we just had Race 9.

I am happy to report that Lucio have taken 1st place in Class.

There is 12 race in the season, so we will see how the end of the year go.
The last race will be on December 6th.
We hope for a podium finish in the championship, will see how it goes.

Jerrick
Old 11-05-2015, 03:05 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

What setups were the other S2000s using?
Old 11-05-2015, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
What setups were the other S2000s using?
No idea, but anything that falls within the rule of the SCCA STR class.
As far as I can tell, suspension is "free" the long as mounting point are not altered.

So I wouldn't be surprise if anyone is using 2-way / 3-way suspension as the rules do allow this.
But we didn't go around under everyone car's to check, as after all it is a competition.
We just focus on ourself to make sure we produce the best lap time we can, what ever happen will happen as far as result goes.

Jerrick
Old 11-23-2015, 06:33 AM

Just to post up the latest update on this.

Lucio have finish 1st place at Race 10 also.

As you notice, there is only 3 competitors this round because they are the main challenger to the championship.
With this 1st place finish, Lucio will lead into Race 11 and Race 12 on December 5th/6th at the Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, Houston.

However, it will be very tight as there is less then single place worth of points between the 3 competitors.
So who ever do the best in the next two rounds will take home the championship trophy as no one has a big lead at all.

We will report back with some news, hopefully it will be gold but there are no guarantee in racing.

Jerrick