Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Speeding ticket with no evidence

Old 07-17-2006, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, that reminds me of something, there was this jerk in school that I did not like, he didn't pay a bunch of parking tickets, and he moved a lot since he was a student (he graduated now I think), and did not receive anything through mail. Then one day, he got a letter charging him over 600 for all the tickets due and the late fees, thats when he decided he can't escape and paid them up.

Sometimes I trust their judgement on speed, like on highways where they see constant flow of cars in a long stretch of road, where they can probably estimate the speed by the time taken for a car travelling from a sign to next as well as comparing to cars near by.
But my case was that I turned into a block, decided to stay on first gear, and accelerated at the next stop light since the light was still green, where the cop observed me from the side street. It was few minutes after midnight, and my top was down, my A pillar still has that black sticker thing over it. I'm sure a flat looking yellow car passing across at night driving over 6krpm would look fast, especially if your area of observation is only from a left curb to a right curb. There was no other car driving along with me on the road. This is another indication I wasn't speeding, AP2 redlines at 35mph in first gear, so if I never reached the redline, max speed would have been somewhere below 35.

As far as I know, paying the fine before the court date is considered as you accepting the ticket.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AHhhh the cop was profiling! Probably didn't have anything better to do other than to give you a hard time, which cops will sometimes do. . . . They have a quota to meet you know. As far as an AP2 toping out at 35 MPH, that would prove your case very well. I know my AP1 sounds fairly loud and racey around 6K RPM. Sound can be deceving as to the actual speed of the car. A deflated tire can squeal as if you were taking the turn at an insane speed, while you are most likely turning at the speed a grandmother would. I've gotten yelled at (a long time ago before I had the S2) numberous times by mothers with children that I was taking the turn too fast. My tire had a leak in it, and it was low.
I've taken off from stop lights (recently) taking the tac up to around 5K and a cop pulled out and tailed me for two miles. Not sure if he was profiling my car with my age, or if he was targeting me becasue he thought I was draging.