California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Anybody with lower bucket seat setup, help?

Old 08-26-2013, 12:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody with lower bucket seat setup, help?

Hey,

I live around Marina Del Rey and I am going to get some seats for my car soon.
Seats I have right now is really bad.
This is the the post with details---->> https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/104...r-suggestions/

Soo, somebody with a suggestion or with a setup maybe I can try?
If you live around and have a seat setup, please help me because it is a pain in the back to drive the car right now.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:08 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

there are plenty of seats to choose from, but are you sure you'll be able to handle getting in and out of the car with a bucket seat due to your back problems? Most of the really low seats are full buckets with high thigh bolsters, meaning it'll be hard to get in and out, especially if you are over 6 ft. You kinda need to be a contortionist to get in and out of the car.

There are seats with low thigh bolsters like some sparco reclinables, but i don't think those sit very low and not a lot of those fit (width wise) anyway. If you don't think you'll need a low thigh bolster, than you have plenty of choices.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:41 PM

After the accident, I have to be careful even when getting of the bed.
I had to change many habits,I learnt to live with it tho.

If there is enough space for me to squeeze inside the car that is enough.
Problem with the seats I have right now is, they are higher than the oem seats.
So when I try to sit, there is not enough space for my upper body to get in, I have to do kinda v shape to get in.

Plus, seats I have right now is definitely not designed for 6ft guys, it make the sitting position very uncomfortable.

I don't care about the looks, all I care is how low the seat is and is it allowed in track days.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe you could trade your seats for OEM seats. If they are too high for you there is lower seat rails for OEM seats, I forget who makes them maybe BYS. If you want a reclineable bucket seat check out the Bride Stradia. I have the Bride Gias, it has higher leg bolsters than the Stradia but the same seat back. It is a comfortable seat but a little narrow for me because I'm fat so on long drives I cant spread out my legs because the leg bolsters are so high. The Stradia has lower leg bolsters so you might be more comfortable on longer drives. I also had a Racaro Pole Position but did not like that too much, it sat up too straight, I could not recline it enough and the cushion and fabric was not as nice as my Bride seat. The best thing to do is sit in as many seats as you can do find one for you also make sure the seat fits the S most either don't fit or rub the door or block some thing. There is also a reclining Recaro that is more street orientated but I cant remember the name of it, you might want to check that out.
Here is some photos and more info
http://www.s2kologist.com/my-car/interior
Old 08-27-2013, 08:53 PM

Thanks for your reply s2kologist, by the way your car looks perfect.
Hmm you are the first person to tell me that pole position is not good.
I will consider the Stradia too.
It looks kinda narrow tho, not that my as. is big but I am kinda worried if it is too narrow it might put pressure on the hip area where I have some problem.
But thanks for your great pics and advice.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Pole Position is much wider than the Stradia. I just did not like how straight up the Recaro was with the Bride rails. Also I wanted more leg bolstering, I felt the Recaro did not hold my legs in how I wanted. Another thing I did not like about the Recaro was how the seat belt latch was positioned, I talk about it on my website. Some people have used an extension to extend the latch and that seams to work so you would probably have to get one of those too if you go with the Recaro. Hopefully you can find someone with the seats you are looking at and try them out then you will know what is best for you.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:59 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

that's precisely the reason why i sold my Pole Position as well. The seating position wasn't comfortable. I love my Bride Stradia, best of both worlds--reclinable bucket. Still not easy to get into though!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rock bride exas iii I love it, but tell u the truth it's pretty hardcore not for daily use lol