Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

NSX vs 996 Turbo

Old 04-14-2011, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, the Odyssey is the best car in the world.
fixed
Old 04-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Haven't visited this thread since my surgery. Glad to know I've spurred some interesting conversation.
I agree, the NSX definitely isn't a car for everyone. Either you love it and you'd be glad to pay the premium for it, or not.

For me, the only thing I wish was better about the NSX was horsepower, which can be easily fixed with a supercharger. I LOVE the pop-up headlights (actually like them better than the fixed headlights). I LOVE the exterior styling. The interior is dated, but still good looking. Maybe I'm just living in the 90s, , although I doubt it since I was only a kid in the 90s.

IMHO the 996 interior less attractive than my Honda Fit's interior. The 996 has awkward lines on the dashboard and an overall odd shape with weird gauge placement. It's not THAT bad, but with that kinda power, it might be an okay concession.

And OT but why are all the new Porsche seats so tall? They look so ridiculous.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by JS2k.com
Glad to know I've spurred some interesting conversation.
You didn't know? Anything regarding to NSX is a sensitive topic.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Synderesis
996 doesn't even have a 3 spoke steering wheel? At least from the picture someone posted..

I'm curious why you're cross shopping a RWD and AWD though. Seems like it'd make more sense to compare the NSX with the Carrera S. I'm pretty sure the Turbo will be faster, but both of them are comfortable as daily drivers. Personally I'd go for the NSX because it's just more special. Not to say that the Turbo is bad, it definitely is really quick and also really good to drive I'm sure, but it's just another 911.
That's the thing though. It isn't "just another 911." Sure a lot of people have them, and a lot of people even have turbos. The turbos get multiple radiators, they have a pseudo dry sump engine. Many endurance racing teams use the STOCK COOLING on these cars because they are so well built from the factory. The 996 TT is MADE for the track and high speeds. When compared to other cars, it is simply on a completely different plane. Never before has 160+ felt so effortless. I could do 160 and sip a coffee for chrissake, it's so damn stable at high speed.

These things are serious performance cars. They have big power with gigantic tires. The steering feel is amazing. Ok, the shifter is the only part of the car that sucks ass. They use a cable shifter and you lose on out feel. It is an extremely capable car that has very high limits.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by illdiealonlyazn
I personally love the look of the exterior though I have to agree in the interior looks outdated. I loved the NSX ever since I first saw it, though I've grown out of the thought that flip lights were awesome like I did as a kid. I still remember watching the BMI videos of the type R racing the 996 turbos, lambos and the 360 ferraris, watching it lose on the straights and catch up in the turns. Exciting but I realize the US models were nowhere near as fast and even for the type R it barely kept up. Once it was passed it was over.

When I was looking to buy my S2000 I thought I probably could afford an NSX if I saved a bit longer but honestly, it just didnt seem worth it. I love the car but for how old it is, I wouldn't pay anywhere near what theyre asking for it. If I ever had extra money for a car just to have one I'd love to have one but I'd probably want an Atom before an NSX sadly.
Not to mention they put the NSX-R on S tires (that is R-comps) while the others were running their summers.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:03 PM

Imo every porsche on the road looks similarly uninteresting. If you are gonna do it go for the 997tt, otherwise go for the nsx.

Once again, this is imo.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by MBHs2k
it looks like my 5th gen prelude did except with leather seats.
I wish my old BB6 interior looked like this

BTW, what is all this dated talks that you guys speak of
Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by hellaSleepy
Originally Posted by MBHs2k' timestamp='1302680916' post='20460710
it looks like my 5th gen prelude did except with leather seats.
I wish my old BB6 interior looked like this
[img]http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=75279&d=1299909405[img]

BTW, what is all this dated talks that you guys speak of
[img]https://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/s4playko/My%202004%20NSX/IMG_1942.jpg[img]
Id tell you why this post is stupid but you wont understand.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gigdy
Because I really care about what your opinion is right? But obviously you care a lot about mine
Old 04-21-2011, 06:18 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by hellaSleepy
Originally Posted by Gigdy' timestamp='1303307110' post='20487174
Because I really care about what your opinion is right? But obviously you care a lot about mine

lolwut.

Quick Reply: NSX vs 996 Turbo