Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

S2K is totaled :(

Old 08-24-2007, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGVYgfOV_fA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QtTY4W7h_M

nuff said!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:02 AM

Alright...I read through the entire thread. I'm ready for the pay off. How much did they end up giving you? What kind of car are you leaning towards now?

I agree with what the majority of the people here have been saying. Don't shy away from the S because you think it is unsafe. I suppose if your mom is a major provider, and has a lot of say in your decisions, you may stay away from one to appease her.

But, all things considered...If you do decide to get something else, other than an S, do it because you're ready for a new experience.

...AND going for a 350Z doesn't mean that you're saying the S is crap or anything like that. To me it says you had fun with the S and you're ready for something different.

oh yeah, and that something different, appereantly, is like a "Nissan Mustang" as one person had described it.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:57 AM

OMG, the strangest shyt just happened to me! Last week when I meet up with the claim adjuster he told me that he was going to total out my car. He had my car taken to a well know body shop to do a tear down and the shop gave him an estimate of $14,000.00 to repair the car. I get a phone call today from the claim adjuster and he now determined that they were going to go ahead and fix the car! WTF! Pretty much the whole right side of my car needs to be repaired starting from the front bumper all the way to the quarter panel. Last time I got into an accident the shop gave an estimate of $4,200.00 to repair and when everything was said and done it ended up being $10,500.00. My insurance is through AAA and shoot.i don't know what to say but OHHHH SNAP!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:38 AM

Wow...they're going to fix it!?!?

I have AAA insurance too. Several years ago, I had an intergra GSR stolen from in front of my house. The police found it a few hours later with all the goodies stripped...up on blocks on the side of the road. I went and checked out the car...and other than taking the parts they really didn't do too much damage. They had put some pretty nice dents in the doors...and around the doors...but even still, they totalled the car out.

Getting a car back after major repairs kind of sucks. Even if the work is top quality, you still have it in the back of your mind...and you imagine problems. I guess if you're the type of person that doesn't dwell on things...it isn't too bad though.

Triple A is a great company though...I'm sure they'll take care of you and your car.

good luck.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

get it back, drive it a while, and see...they can do wonders if the frame is ok...and exterior body damage is easy to repair , just look to see if the seams are lined up ok...wait and see and let us know.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Googie (IRL),Aug 24 2007, 03:50 PM
They gave it car of the year once it was released...nice try.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by LuDawg,Aug 27 2007, 01:57 PM
OMG, the strangest shyt just happened to me! Last week when I meet up with the claim adjuster he told me that he was going to total out my car. He had my car taken to a well know body shop to do a tear down and the shop gave him an estimate of $14,000.00 to repair the car. I get a phone call today from the claim adjuster and he now determined that they were going to go ahead and fix the car! WTF! Pretty much the whole right side of my car needs to be repaired starting from the front bumper all the way to the quarter panel. Last time I got into an accident the shop gave an estimate of $4,200.00 to repair and when everything was said and done it ended up being $10,500.00. My insurance is through AAA and shoot.i don't know what to say but OHHHH SNAP!
Its your choice as far has who fixes your car. AAA should not be taking you anywhere to do a tear down of anything. there are always unseen damages. They should total the car if the estimate is already $14,000 without any supplements on the damages. remember you get what you pay for.

you should get your own estimate of the damages with a body shop of your choice.