Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Does Honda dealership provides rental cars? *story of autopark honda*

Old 03-13-2003, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Honda dealership provides rental cars? *story of autopark honda*

Here is my story. A week ago, I took my car to the Autopark Honda over at cary, and I wanted to bring in for the TSB54 and TSB55 service bulletins. Took my surprise, and they confirmed both service bulletins, and they wanted me to drop the car off last Tuesday night, and promised me that I was able to pick up the car by Wednesday night or early Thursday. They called me Wednesday late afternoon and told me that they broke the synchronize ring, and had to order it, and will come in tomorrow. I totally understand that doing a major fix will take times, and I am willing to accept that, but today(Thursday) they called me again late afternoon, when I was on the way to pick up my car, and told me that now my car is having problem when going reverse, and they have to consult with Honda Hotline or something tomorrow. So now a one day fix has turned into atleast 3-days or maybe even more, and on the phone today, I have asked for a rental car, b/c I have no other car that I can use to do stuff around town, and they have rejected, so tomorrow, I'm thinking about calling them again, and talk to the manager, and go up the chain till someone give me a rental car. The reason I told ya the story, b/c I want to see if everyone agrees that it is reasonable that they should provide me with a rental car, and also I remembered somewhere in the warranty that they have said it before that they will provide a rental car if the customer's car is in the shop, and I'm hoping someone knows something about that. Thanx for any info you can give.

Eddie
Old 03-13-2003, 07:01 PM

I would think they would give you one. I could see them not the first day or so, but esp. after they break parts of your car for no fault of yours they should give you one. Good luck, hopefully u will get your car back soon.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:05 PM

See if they will give you a rental car as a one time good will gesture. If you talk to the manager he should be able to approve a rental car for a period of 24 hours. After one day you would have to pay for the car. If the manager won't do it find the regional manager and try to work your way up the chain of command.

This is not a guarantee, but a good approach to getting something done. I do know someone that this has worked for.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by E-Heezy
[B]See if they will give you a rental car as a one time good will gesture.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:43 AM

I use Hendrick Honda and every time they have my car more than a day they give me a rental at no charge. In fact, the last time I took my S2K in, a one day fixed turned into two days and they just let me drive a new Civic off the lot.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:04 AM

I just took my S into Crown Honda (close to work, convenient) on Monday 3/ 10 to get 2 TSB's done (sparkplug, seatbelt). I tried to get 054 done, but the vibration is nearly undectable. Anyhow, it took them 2 days to get it done and they rented me a car from Enterprise.

Let Autopark know what Crown did for me, and maybe they will change their tune.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:36 AM

Another update about my car. I just talked to the service department, and so far they said they have fixed the transmission problem, but somehow the check engine light is on, so they are checking it now, and clear the little problems... hopefully I can get it back today. I will call them again around 4pm, and check on the status, and if its not fixed by then, I definitly will demand for a rental car.

Eddie
Old 03-14-2003, 10:50 AM

I have the Check engine sensor problem all the time. The sensor cap(?) or something like that has a tendency to come loose. It takes all of 5 min. to fix, if that is what the problem is.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have them check the vacuum lines to the tranny. They probably have the reversed.

Note: Their is a good reason to stick with one dealerships as long as you can tolerate their sales team and service dept. A proven long time customers gets better treatment. It is just the nature of the business. If the dealership knows that you will be back every 2 years, then they will work with you.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:21 PM

FINALLY, I got my baby back. Everything was fixed by around 3:30pm, and top of that, they fixed an additional service bulletin, 02-046, and the problem they found was reverse gear was difficult to select, and the fix was basically taking it out again, and clean and lubricate the shift, doesn't sound like they changed anything. But all in all, got my baby back in one piece and in working condition.

Eddie