The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Unplug every day....

Old 04-12-2019, 06:55 AM

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
FB has really started to piss me off, Insta is quickly following suit too. It's sad, I used to enjoy them, but now they're just ads and spam sh1t.

I unplug a lot from the phone, if only I could get my kids to. :/

I wouldn't hold your breath on the kids sad to me that they feel SO IN NEED of it glued to their faces & I don't mean just your kids but most kids in general , & I say kids in the way of under the age of say 30 - 40

being so dependent on what others feel about you & your life is a strange thing IMO
Old 04-12-2019, 06:55 AM

Ugh. I just saw the "like" button too. IB must be taking lessons from FB etc.
must be someone under 40
Old 04-12-2019, 06:58 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,594 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Originally Posted by vtecmom
I wouldn't hold your breath on the kids sad to me that they feel SO IN NEED of it glued to their faces & I don't mean just your kids but most kids in general , & I say kids in the way of under the age of say 30 - 40

being so dependent on what others feel about you & your life is a strange thing IMO
Completely agree, a few months ago we threatened to take our eldest kids car keys away, she didn't care. We then asked for her phone and it was a complete meltdown.

They're both usually on youtube watching drivel, only one has FB and isn't on that too much. Youtube though, they're both junkies. I don't get it.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:56 AM

Received 1,142 Likes on 1,063 Posts

OH BROTHER now we get to LIKE vs Thanks WE DON'T NEED TO BE A FACESPACE SITE
I'm rarely on facebook now. Poor quality content, questionable business practices...I'm over it!
Old 04-12-2019, 07:59 AM

The reality is, we're social beings and other people's opinions of us DO matter. But there's gotta be balance - I care what people think about me in terms of how kind I am, how professional I am, etc. Not how awesome my ham sandwich looked last night.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:24 AM

Completely agree, a few months ago we threatened to take our eldest kids car keys away, she didn't care. We then asked for her phone and it was a complete meltdown.

They're both usually on youtube watching drivel, only one has FB and isn't on that too much. Youtube though, they're both junkies. I don't get it.

THANKS
Old 04-12-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by shareall
The reality is, we're social beings and other people's opinions of us DO matter. But there's gotta be balance - I care what people think about me in terms of how kind I am, how professional I am, etc. Not how awesome my ham sandwich looked last night.
I hear ya on the Ham Sammich butt mmmmm now I want one

Just bothers me I guess that theres a NEED for some not all strangers & or acquaintances via Insta to tell you how kind, awesome you are
People telling you that face to face is much more genuine IMO again I'm OLD and don't give a F what people think of me & so guess that's my non need to be told via a fricken PHONE site

YES I have posted a few photos of projects etc.. mostly just for the other DIY ers out there to maybe get a new idea etc.. guess thats a Pintrest thing yet another one I never use
Old 04-12-2019, 08:30 AM

think I should just dig a hole & toss the iPhone into it butt my 3 popped out 's are the REAL REASON I own a phone that cord never breaks is what I say as a Mom that loves being one
Old 04-12-2019, 12:07 PM

I hear ya on the Ham Sammich butt mmmmm now I want one

Just bothers me I guess that theres a NEED for some not all strangers & or acquaintances via Insta to tell you how kind, awesome you are
People telling you that face to face is much more genuine IMO again I'm OLD and don't give a F what people think of me & so guess that's my non need to be told via a fricken PHONE site

YES I have posted a few photos of projects etc.. mostly just for the other DIY ers out there to maybe get a new idea etc.. guess thats a Pintrest thing yet another one I never use
I totally agree about strangers. If you're reliant on social media to totally sustain your self-esteem, we're in a world of trouble. People feel like they're "protected" online and so say terrible things they'd never say in person - I agree the face to face interaction is way higher quality.
The following users liked this post:
vtecmom (04-14-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by shareall
I totally agree about strangers. If you're reliant on social media to totally sustain your self-esteem, we're in a world of trouble. People feel like they're "protected" online and so say terrible things they'd never say in person - I agree the face to face interaction is way higher quality.
Yeah guess your [ self-esteem ] connection is a key factor here

OH & yeah I posted another DIY project case you wanna see J/ K