Engine Swaps Discussion of alternate engine swaps into the S2000 other than F20/22. K24, 2JZ, V6, V8 etc...

Dakota Digiital SGI-5 Settings

Old 03-06-2017, 09:45 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, that's strange man. The only oddity I have persisting is my SRS light is on. It went off for a few days but came back. I know my clock spring/reel/whatever in my steering wheel is good (obviously since my CC is working fine) so it can't be from that. I haven't even taken the time to check the SRS code yet.

My ABS light will flash a code if I turn the key to ON without starting the car, but if the car is running it goes away. I need to re-bleed the brakes due to air in the line but otherwise it seems like my braking system is working normally.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im on vacation this week so I had a chance to replace the cruise brain with the $15 one I got from eBay. This is the brain under the dash. Not sure the technical name.

And my cruise works!!

Bizarre that my original just randomly went dead. Must have just been a coincidence time-wise with my swap.

I got my ac sorted back out, cruise is working. Only thing left to fix is the damn abs fail safe relay code.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_ed3
Im on vacation this week so I had a chance to replace the cruise brain with the $15 one I got from eBay. This is the brain under the dash. Not sure the technical name.

And my cruise works!!

Bizarre that my original just randomly went dead. Must have just been a coincidence time-wise with my swap.

I got my ac sorted back out, cruise is working. Only thing left to fix is the damn abs fail safe relay code.
Haha, that's awesome man! Glad it worked out for you!

Now that you have that sorted... Would you be able to share the details on how you got your A/C plumbed and wired? I have the GM compressor and all of my OEM lines, evaporator, canister, etc. but I don't have the slightest clue on where to start with adapters for the lines and how to wire it in. I've printed off some wiring diagrams and I do have some of the ghettocrx A/C tuck lines that I'm not sure if I'll use or not.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Well, I guess I'm glad I didn't go with a Tweak'd harness after all. Hopefully I can answer your questions...

INPUT from SGI-5 goes directly to Honda VSS connector pin 2 (blue/white) - not branching out to anything whatsoever between the VSS and the SGI-5?
That's right, but I don't intercept that blue/white wire until it comes through the firewall, goes into the C101 connector, comes out of the other side of the C101 connector, and that's where I snipped it. So from the cabin-side of the C101 connector I take the blue/white wire (which is pin 8) and send it to the SGI-5 INPUT connection.

OUT 2 from SGI-5 goes directly to Honda ECU A9 AND Gauge Cluster C3
Uhhh, yes I think. Remember the blue/white wire that I just snipped and sent one end to the SGI-5 INPUT connector? The other end of that wire that's hanging free now... that's what I plugged into the OUT 2 port on the SGI-5. So yeah, technically according to the wiring diagram posted by absolootbs, that blue/white wire gets split and goes to both the ECU and the cluster.

OUT 3 from SGI-5 goes to LS1 PCM. Where exactly are you sending this signal to on the LS1? Red Connector pin 21?
That sounds correct. I don't have my GM wiring manual on me anymore (gave it to a friend for use on his swap) and of course all my notes are in it. Look for a VSS SIGNAL IN pin.

Are you using LS1 Red Connecter Pins #49 and 50 for anything? (Primary and Secondary VSS Output is what GM calls it)
Most likely not. That VSS output probably goes to the GM cluster in a Camaro, etc. I don't give a crap about the VSS signal once its made it to the GM ECU. VSS output from the GM ECU is useless to us.

Are you still sending Honda VSS connector pin 1 (yellow/blue) to Honda ECU C28,TPS,air pump and fuel tank pressure? This is how Honda has it wired originally
Yes, I left that wire untouched. That's connector C pin 28, and connector C101 pin 6. I didn't screw with those.

I'd start troubleshooting by simply tracing back the wires on the connector to your CC module in the engine bay. And checking voltage on those wires as a start at the connector.
Hi all,

can someone upload pics of how these wire connections were made?
my Speedo, Tach and EPS don’t work however my wires and Dakota all appear wired up correct.

thanks