NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

For those Gym Freaks...

Old 04-12-2012, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I started this yesterday...Only made it 9 weeks on the last Workout. Was loosing too much size. Like I said I cut FAST!!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shor...k-1-day-1.html

Heres a ecard for all of you!!

Old 04-12-2012, 06:55 AM

Cool vid
Old 04-12-2012, 07:19 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
I used to have two hard boiled eggs followed by low fat/low sugar cereal with low fat milk for breakfast.

Turkey with one slice of lowfat cheese for lunch. Maybe a turkey burger. Also a piece of fruit and or yogurt for lunch. Sandwhiches mayo free of course.

Dinner was just a small steak or chicken with veggies. Bakes not fried.

I have to get back to watching what I eat but BBQ'ing and eating out a lot has really put the pounds back on.
Im down about 10 lbs. Just started eating healthy/working out about 1 month ago. A lot of the weight is water weight/noob gains though.

This is all advice ive gotten from friends who are jacked. My main friend who is guiding me through this was 240ish @ 5'10". Now he's 165 and in almost perfect shape. Certified trainer and boxing instructor.

Anyways I cycle carbs. More Carbs on the days i lift. My main issue was i use to eat a ton of white rice, cut that out now

My Schedule is like this:

Low Carb
Breakfast:
2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites.
Turkey bacon.
Snack:
Greek yogurt or some kind of fruit.
Lunch:
Salad w/ chicken from chickpea. They use hummus rather than dressing. Healthy fats. About 500ish calories
Dinner:
Chicken/steak/tilapia (either one) made on my Foreman grill (LOVE this thing.)
Steamfresh veggies

Higher carbs
Breakfast:
2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites
Oatmeal
Snack:
Fruit/yogurt
Lunch:
Roast beef or turkey sandwich
Dinner:
Chicken/Steak/Tilapia.
Steamfresh veggies
Baked potato

All that matters is your macros for the day. IMHO it's not realistic for some to eat every 3 hours or don't eat 3 hours b4 sleep; etc etc. My main issue with trying to lose weight was trying to keep up with eating healthy while working a crazy work schedule.

So keep it simple. Just look at your total calories, total protein, total carbs, total fat. Carbs should be mainly coming from beans & vegetables. Fat should be coming from healthy fats. & last but not least don't drink your calories. No soda; etc.

Also make sure at least 1 day a week (or 2) you eat more calories than your BMR. you don't want your metabolism to slow down to adjust for your lower calorie intake.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 AM

Also for supplements IMHO, MOST people don't need them. Have an espresso before going to the gym. Have a protein shake right after. & take a fish oil & multivitamin everyday. Thats all you really need.

It's like the 80/20 rule. 20% of the work gets you 80% of the results. It's the last 20% that is the hardest to acheive and requires things like supplements.

For most people you need to develop a strong foundation before going to supplements like creatine, NO; etc. Get your form down on your lifts, get into better shape, and than use supplements.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:34 AM

I don't agree with that multivitamin. They make me sick and you pee most of it out anyway. Balance diet is best IMO with maybe a protien shake. You guys may notice some effects as you get older.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
I don't agree with that multivitamin. They make me sick and you pee most of it out anyway. Balance diet is best IMO with maybe a protien shake. You guys may notice some effects as you get older.
Do you take the multi with a meal? It might help. On an empty stomach ive heard of people getting irritation.

It's not absolutely necessary. Like you said Balanced diet is best. It's really a "lifestyle" change. You can still eat the crap we all eat. Just in smaller proportions and less frequency.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:03 AM

That is exactly it. Lifestyle change. Couldn't have said it better.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Unless you guys have a perfect diet than I would suggest taking multivitamins. They will only help in achieving your goals = bulking, toning, and/or weight loss. It's also good for you, but most importantly you need to exercise.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

multi's are great, take an animal pack with breakfast to start your day

can go wrong with amino acids either

and eliminate easy stuff like fast foods and soda and try to drink a gallon of water a day
Old 04-12-2012, 02:14 PM

I try so hard everyday to drink 2 camelbaks...4L, but end up only drinking 2.5L

Quick Reply: For those Gym Freaks...