S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

DocTronics Plug & Play Honda S2000 ECU for 2000-05 Models

Old 12-13-2018, 12:48 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

It thought it would be different because:
NA:
- on low load = high negative MAP pressure
- on high load = small negative MAP pressure
FI:
- on low load = small positive MAP pressure ?
- on high load = high positive MAP pressure ?

If I am right, the rule in NA and FI is: "absolute pressure on low load < absolute pressure on high load"
But, the values of pressures are completely different if NA or FI. So these values have to be adjusted when mapping.

Does it seem correct ?
Old 12-13-2018, 01:48 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Yes you probably want to use slightly different settings between NA and FI.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:41 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by flanders
Kmanager does not use TPS for the VTEC transition, it's MAP just like Doctronics seems to use.
MAP is usually the best solution and looking at the settings window it seems Doctronics have more than enough settings to achieve what most would need.
Wonder if tut4u2 has missed that VTEC window setting?
Thanks flanders. I appreciate the info.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:45 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

I’m happy with their response about the VTEC window.

Give us a base supercharged map and I’ll buy it.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone wire in a flex fuel sensor yet? I'm about too myself and noticed theres no mention of using a pull up resistor like most other ecu's require. Doctronics makes it seem you just pin into the ecu and then switch 12v and a ground. Figure if no one else has done it I can start without a pull up because worst case scenario in that configuration it just wont work. Then try a pull up resistor after the fact. But it obviously would be ideal to just know from the start.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
Anyone wire in a flex fuel sensor yet? I'm about too myself and noticed theres no mention of using a pull up resistor like most other ecu's require. Doctronics makes it seem you just pin into the ecu and then switch 12v and a ground. Figure if no one else has done it I can start without a pull up because worst case scenario in that configuration it just wont work. Then try a pull up resistor after the fact. But it obviously would be ideal to just know from the start.
I am literally about to do this today as well. If you look at Doctronics page about flex-fuel, it seems that the required components have already been added to the circuit board. What do you think?

http://www.doctronic.at/download/Flex%20Fuel.pdf

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Flex%20Fuel.pdf (215.8 KB, 65 views)
Old 02-17-2019, 12:24 PM

You will of course have to buy a C connector, and the proper pin (I'm trying to figure out if it's the larger or smaller pin)
Old 02-17-2019, 12:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried to figure that out myself but I have no idea what those components are on that list. Thought maybe they were stuff they sold but cannot find them on the site (could be me). So its possible and kind of what I suspect but I have no idea. Those instructions are kinda meh. That being said I do have the C connector. Again, worst case scenario just direct wire it and itll work or it wont. No harm no foul. I'd be more concerned using a pull up resistor when it's not needed. You should do this tonight and report back asap Haha. I contacted ballade and they said oh we haven't done this yet ourself but are starting to develop a plug in kit for it so we will know soon. And it seems theres no way to register on the doctronics support forum either anymore so I cant make an account and ask anyone there. Nor do I know if I'd get an answer. Maybe Facebook... hmmm...
Old 02-17-2019, 02:49 PM

I tried to figure that out myself but I have no idea what those components are on that list. Thought maybe they were stuff they sold but cannot find them on the site (could be me). So its possible and kind of what I suspect but I have no idea. Those instructions are kinda meh. That being said I do have the C connector. Again, worst case scenario just direct wire it and itll work or it wont. No harm no foul. I'd be more concerned using a pull up resistor when it's not needed. You should do this tonight and report back asap Haha. I contacted ballade and they said oh we haven't done this yet ourself but are starting to develop a plug in kit for it so we will know soon. And it seems theres no way to register on the doctronics support forum either anymore so I cant make an account and ask anyone there. Nor do I know if I'd get an answer. Maybe Facebook... hmmm...

The components on the doctronics page are various resistors, diodes, a capacitor and a jumper wire

What did was email the Doctronics guy, who then asked me for the serial number of the ECU and his serial number on it as well. He said a picture is best. He then emailed me back and said mine was good to go. No other mods needed. He's not always the best at responding be aware...you can call him as well, it's only a couple bucks a minute...I tried to fax him, but it appears his fax machine is not working.

This was his response to me when I emailed him:

Hi!

Please can you check which ECU Type you have? The original Sticker of the ECU or the ProECU-K Serial Number.
If the ECU is a PND, you have luck, the components are already installed, you just need to connect the FlexFuel Sensor to Pin C7. You'll need the C-Plug Connector and a Terminal (Contact).

If it's a PRA you can send us the ECU to get the modification done.
You need to send the ECU to our office address:
Doctronic
Ruster Strasse 80 C
7000 Eisenstadt
Austria (Europe)
Phone: +43-2682-7576199

If you're outside of the EU, you need to declare the parcel with "ECU for Repair" and declare it
witha low value like US$50. Otherwhise we need to pay import charges (-> we'll charge you).

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

best regards,
Christian Dorner

Old 02-17-2019, 02:55 PM

If you do need to get it modified, have him do it. Doing soldering on a very tiny contact on a printed circuit board requires lots of experience. People will say they can do it, but if they F it up, you are SOL. In all of SoCal, I asked about 6 electronics repair shops, and they all turned me down and recommended the same in guy in LA to do it. But, luckily I didn't need it anyway.

Quick Reply: DocTronics Plug & Play Honda S2000 ECU for 2000-05 Models