S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

First turbo question

Old 02-05-2017, 06:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm hoping to have jei from blacktrax. He has tons of s2000 experience and seems to have tuned one with this software already. Granted it was n/a I trust his abilities
Old 02-05-2017, 07:36 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Nice work on your progress. Our setups are pretty similar. Main difference is prob the manifold. I made 435 on 13psi with flashpro on full e85 to give you an idea. Are you going 91 or e85? And whats ms3? Why not go hondata? I wouldnt cheap out on management system, its probably the most important piece to the entire setup to getting your car running right.
and how many ports on your mac solenoid? Im running a 4 port hondata one but there seems to be some software issue with hondata and an over sensitivity problem too.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:41 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mijae007
Nice work on your progress. Our setups are pretty similar. Main difference is prob the manifold. I made 435 on 13psi with flashpro on full e85 to give you an idea. Are you going 91 or e85? And whats ms3? Why not go hondata? I wouldnt cheap out on management system, its probably the most important piece to the entire setup to getting your car running right.
and how many ports on your mac solenoid? Im running a 4 port hondata one but there seems to be some software issue with hondata and an over sensitivity problem too.
are you talking about the MAC solenoid for the boost by gear? what year is your s2000? if its a 2006 or newer did you have your ECU sent to hondata for a boost by gear modification?

can you elaborate on this sensitivity issue you are experiencing?

ms3 = mega squirt = another form of engine management (actually pretty good just not too popular)
Old 02-05-2017, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by R00567
are you talking about the MAC solenoid for the boost by gear? what year is your s2000? if its a 2006 or newer did you have your ECU sent to hondata for a boost by gear modification?

can you elaborate on this sensitivity issue you are experiencing?

ms3 = mega squirt = another form of engine management (actually pretty good just not too popular)
yep 06 up. I sent my ecu in. I have the hondata 4 port boost solenoid. You can read up on the problems im having in my build thread: andys cr turbo build or something like that. I detailed whats going on. Basically i cant target anything between 12-20 psi. Keeps overboosting. It sort of works when i lower the frequency but it seems to effect the spool speed of the turbo causing it to audibly flutter as it builds up boost.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:46 AM

Ms3 is mega squirt like he said. I wouldn't consider it cheaping out. It's about 1100 bucks new. Which I bought it new and currently waiting for it. The main reason I chose it is it has the functionality of k pro but don't have to switch sensors and all the other crap you gotta do. BIGGEST thing is the OBD functionality works so it will pass smog. I have a friend who over looks the visual and as long as the computer sees the monitors set and functioning, I'm good. Also I am running a 3 port Mac boost solenoid. I will be running 91 for now. I do not have a fuel pump to support e85 or maybe I'm wrong. It's the basic walboro 255.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:19 AM

Ic. Didnt mean to talk down on the ems, just never heard of it. Sounds like a flashpro for 06up keeping all obd and dash functions.
The 255 will probably not flow enough e85 for anything above 400. Aem320 is faily cheap and does the job well if youre looking to convert.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mijae007
Ic. Didnt mean to talk down on the ems, just never heard of it. Sounds like a flashpro for 06up keeping all obd and dash functions.
The 255 will probably not flow enough e85 for anything above 400. Aem320 is faily cheap and does the job well if youre looking to convert.
Honestly I just want to get the car on the road for now. Anything between 340-360 will be just fine for now. I haven't driven the car since November. Working 6-7 days a week since August. So now that it's basically complete I just want some miles on it. Yeah hopefully I can be one of the first few guinea pigs with this ms3 ecu and report back to others. I wish I could just get a flashpro and be done lol.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:26 PM

Well the install is complete. Here is my pieced together kit. Ecu arrives Friday. Thanks for all the info and everyone else's build treads I have been able to get info from!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:01 PM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Catch can. Definitely need a catch can. Did you have your IC piping custom bent? I'm on the final hurdle of my build and its the IC piping.. My geometry skills are not the greatest so ive been cutting the hell out of some IC pipe trying to weld it all up. Your pipe looks clean as hell
Old 03-01-2017, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Charper732
Catch can. Definitely need a catch can. Did you have your IC piping custom bent? I'm on the final hurdle of my build and its the IC piping.. My geometry skills are not the greatest so ive been cutting the hell out of some IC pipe trying to weld it all up. Your pipe looks clean as hell
The ic piping was purchased basically the way it is from another s2k owner for his homemade build. I am thinking of a catch can just not sure which one to go with! You can't see it but there is a coupling right below the crossbeam. Seems like he pieced and welded a setup together.

Quick Reply: First turbo question