S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

First turbo question

Old 04-14-2017, 07:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So finally got it to jei at blacktrax. He got the idle and partial throttle till about 4K all smoothed out. At 4K we hit a snag. For some reason the rpm is jumping out of sync almost sounds like the car is in a two step. The car ran and drove fine in n/a form stock ecu. This was after having the head rebuilt. So I'm guessing everything under the valve cover is correct? Could the new standalone be so sensitive it's detecting it out of time? I'm going to check the cam sensors maybe to worn, 144k on the stock sensors. Pretty frustrating any input would be appreciated.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:29 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Blacktraxx have a great reputation and I wouldn't want to doubt their tuning. My buddy has 140k miles on his cam sensors and he is SC no probs there. He was running the ems v2. Hopefully u get it fixed. Does this mean I will see u on the track in the future?
Old 04-15-2017, 08:05 AM

I'm not doubting Jei's tuning whatsoever. Jei and myself where both stumped as what the problem could be. As a matter of fact I'm glad I waited for jei. Very humble and attentive. Explained what he was doing every step of the way. Will be messing with the car today.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:13 PM

okay guys im back. I am having sync issues with my new ms3 standalone. around 3.5-4K it loses sync and starts to sputter as if it's missing. after I did the head refresh I posted some pictures for you the community to confirm I was on track as far as cam setting. I drove it 1000 miles before I decide to go turbo and switch to a standalone. No CEL and ran better then it ever had. I am trying to rule out any mechanics issues. I posted some pictures of how everything sits at TDC. Only issue I see is the white mark is off from my triangle. When I put a timing light on it the timing is correct. Not really sure where to go from here. Anyway to check if the cam sensors are functioning properly. Thank you

Intake side
Exhaust side

Last edited by S_DosMil; 04-18-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:43 AM

Well back at it again. Every time we engage vtec no matter what rpm it's drops significantly in power.(see attached dyno) that's at 5lbs of boost.
Trying to work with REV to solve the issue of the mysterious vtec dip. Has anyone every experienced this?
Old 06-15-2017, 01:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Those almost look like NA #'s!! WTH
Old 06-15-2017, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
Those almost look like NA #'s!! WTH
right once it hits vtec it's like falling out of boost and then trying to play catch up. See the huge dip at different levels of rpm engagement. We can't even do a full pull because of it so that's why the numbers are so shitty. Just curious if anyone has ever run into this problem?
Old 06-16-2017, 01:04 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Thats so weird. I have an odd feeling this has something to do with mechanical issues, not in the tune, but thats just my hunch. Ive never seen this before. Make sure the cams were installed correctly, but its hard to beleieve the car would even run if it wasnt...
Old 06-16-2017, 01:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Do u have a cat?

Also need to verify vtec is engaging.

Wish u had a good sound clip of those pulls. It could very well be mechanical. Check vtec screen, I'm curious of how it sounds when engaging.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 06-16-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
Do u have a cat?

Also need to verify vtec is engaging.

Wish u had a good sound clip of those pulls. It could very well be mechanical. Check vtec screen, I'm curious of how it sounds when engaging.
no cat, it's definitely engaging you can hear it. The shop and tuner I'm using are extremely reputable in the Bay Area here. They do s2000s day and night. Also the head was just rebuilt by them and the cars runs great close loop. I'll see if I have a video.

Quick Reply: First turbo question