S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

AP2 LED Tail Lights

Old 04-25-2019, 11:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I think someone mentioned that this is an AP1 only problem, but not 100% sure
Old 04-25-2019, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LagunaPearlAP2
This is for the taillights made for the AP2 as well? It seems to me like the problem occurs on the lights meant for the AP1 primarily. This is sad as I was planning on ordering these for my AP2
It is an ap1 only problem. I have yet to see an ap2 owner have issues with this. Honestly, the build quality is subpar, and I think the OEM's are much better. There were gaps in-between the lens and the housing on mine and water could just leak right in.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:46 PM

Received 49 Likes on 49 Posts

Shek Mate appears to have an Ap2 tho... Yeah if I get them I might preemptively just get some glue in those reflectors and seal around them as much as possible.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:17 PM

Shek Mate appears to have an Ap2 tho... Yeah if I get them I might preemptively just get some glue in those reflectors and seal around them as much as possible.
I did the same thing, but the silicone ended up seeping into the edges and making the whole thing look cheap and trashy.. I wish i had some pics, but just trust me when I say OEM is better. I learned the hard way.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:59 PM

Received 49 Likes on 49 Posts

Ohh I’m sorry to hear that if you were to do it again, do you think some black tape around the outside would suffice?
Old 04-25-2019, 10:29 PM

Ohh I’m sorry to hear that if you were to do it again, do you think some black tape around the outside would suffice?
I don't think so, probably would have looked ugly. I was planning to throw them away before the rings fell off and I got a refund. They look the part, but they're just not well built.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't want to revive an old thread but, it has been a couple of months now since the last post. Picking up an AP1 soon, and was looking forward on being able to get AP2 style taillights without cutting. Any one recently bought it that has not run into any issues?
Old 10-06-2019, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by midarete
Don't want to revive an old thread but, it has been a couple of months now since the last post. Picking up an AP1 soon, and was looking forward on being able to get AP2 style taillights without cutting. Any one recently bought it that has not run into any issues?
No need to cut the harness. Remove your oem bulb sockets from your oem light and the harness from the aftermarket lights push into where the bulb was. Then plug the chassis harness into the bulb sockets as normal.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by mikel58
No need to cut the harness. Remove your oem bulb sockets from your oem light and the harness from the aftermarket lights push into where the bulb was. Then plug the chassis harness into the bulb sockets as normal.
Are you referring to the turn signal issue that people are getting with these taillights?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by midarete
Are you referring to the turn signal issue that people are getting with these taillights?
No just letting you know how to properly install them. Your not suppose to cut the harness like some people have done.

Quick Reply: AP2 LED Tail Lights