S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Modifry Phone/GPS/Device Mount Install, Review, and TRACK TEST :) !

Old 10-09-2017, 05:33 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
I use a bracket for my iphone for music and gps mostly. No track driving issue for me. I bought one of the Modifry brackets a while back but I have been reluctant to install it. The cutting needed bothers me a bit. Also, I'm curious if when you are all done the dash bezel fits tightly against the dash like it does normally? Or does it sit slightly differently, leaving a slightly larger gap line, (equal to the thickness of the bracket), between the bezel and the dash? I am tempted to use this because it puts my iphone in the perfect location for viewing.

Right now I use a Proclip that clips on the transmission tunnel which puts it by my right knee. It works fine - and it can be removed in an instant. The viewing angle is not ideal - you have to take your eyes off the road to see and use it. It works well as far as supplying power to the phone - I run a very short USB cable from my Alpine head unit (radio door has to be open) to the phone. But, it is solid. No problems in that regard. The bracket puts the iphone in a place that can be a bit irritating as far as bumping your right knee a bit in certain situations - but you get used to that. I'm not a fan of holders that hang off a vent. Every one I have seen/used flops around too much. Plus, they block the air from the vent.

Here is the pro-clip I am using (pic is from their web site) - ProClip Console Mount ProClip USA.
You could sell me that Modifry mount youre not using.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:19 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Not for sale. Yet.