S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Windscreen Install

Old 11-23-2014, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windscreen Install

hey guys, I just got the windscreen for my ap1 but i dont know how to install it. it looks rather easy, but I know I'll find a way to screw it up so I'd rather get some help. I looked up a how to online and got a bunch of ones that werent oem.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by JulioOchoa23
hey guys, I just got the windscreen for my ap1 but i dont know how to install it. it looks rather easy, but I know I'll find a way to screw it up so I'd rather get some help. I looked up a how to online and got a bunch of ones that werent oem.
I did mine a few months ago, it is really easy. first, underneath of the secret box thing (the part where the wind screen goes onto), there are two spots where the plastic is molded and you can use these as a guide. these will be your drill holes. I made two small holes inside of the molded holes, then test fitted. If you can get it perfectly drilled out, then your holes will line up perfectly. Assuming you have the bolts, the rest is easy. just bolt it in, and snap the plastic caps on. I'm a retard and forgot to order the nuts, so instead I threaded the plastic with a tap set, and I just bolted it to the plastic. 13000km's later, 200km/h+ and no issues.

tldr
1 drill two holes from the underside of secret box door thing, where there are already spots for drilling
2 put windscreen on
3 feed bolts through
4 thread nuts on and tighten everything down
5 put plastic caps over bolt heads
you're done.

super easy
Old 12-07-2014, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by A. Dos Santos
Originally Posted by JulioOchoa23' timestamp='1416776231' post='23415478
I did mine a few months ago, it is really easy. first, underneath of the secret box thing (the part where the wind screen goes onto), there are two spots where the plastic is molded and you can use these as a guide. these will be your drill holes. I made two small holes inside of the molded holes, then test fitted. If you can get it perfectly drilled out, then your holes will line up perfectly. Assuming you have the bolts, the rest is easy. just bolt it in, and snap the plastic caps on. I'm a retard and forgot to order the nuts, so instead I threaded the plastic with a tap set, and I just bolted it to the plastic. 13000km's later, 200km/h+ and no issues.

tldr
1 drill two holes from the underside of secret box door thing, where there are already spots for drilling
2 put windscreen on
3 feed bolts through
4 thread nuts on and tighten everything down
5 put plastic caps over bolt heads
you're done.

super easy

Thank you so much DDD