S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Cocky RX-8!

Old 07-25-2004, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cocky RX-8!

I am really starting to think my car is a sleeper as I get invitations to race quite often. My car looks stock except for the SuperSprint RS Stainless Exhaust Tips..Well Anyway, I am on my way over to Cisco Systems in Herndon VA and this RX-8 is riding my ass. The guy keeps acting like he is going to pass me on this one lane road. Well at the light the road turns into a three lane road and he jets on over in the right lane and starts revving on me.

I gave the guy the nod and reached forward turning my traction control off. I am loving life in the car as I just put a new shoes on her. Some Bridgestone S-03 Pole Positions. (Great tires BTW) So we get the green light and RX-8 boy gets a lesson on what Quattro is all about. My car looked like it was shot from a sling shot and I immediately gain more than a car length on this stroke. We keep gong and by 80MPH it is just a cinderella story for my S4 as I was a mere football field infront of this guy.

From the S2000's I have raced, an RX-8 should be less than a problem for you guys as I was not impressed. Anyway, I enjoyed it..

KiD
Old 07-25-2004, 12:34 PM

Nice kill. Rx-8 is slow, which is a shame really considering that it looks pretty look. My buddy with a Sentra Spec V even killed one.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S4KiD,Jul 25 2004, 12:29 PM
I am really starting to think my car is a sleeper as I get invitations to race quite often. My car looks stock except for the SuperSprint RS Stainless Exhaust Tips..

So we get the green light and RX-8 boy gets a lesson on what Quattro is all about. My car looked like it was shot from a sling shot and I immediately gain more than a car length on this stroke. We keep gong and by 80MPH it is just a cinderella story for my S4 as I was a mere football field infront of this guy.

RX-8 should be less than a problem for you guys as I was not impressed. Anyway, I enjoyed it..

KiD
That's pretty funny! German cars in general are sleepers... Nice Kill!
Old 07-25-2004, 04:12 PM

I always love s4kid's posts. His and wisconsins2k. What ever happened to wisconsin anyway?
Old 07-26-2004, 12:10 AM

Not to knock on RX8's (I do like them a lot), however my friend and I ran a few times when we were both stock and it wasn't hard to beat the 8. After I put on a few mods, it was almost too easy.

Then my friend started to tell me that he'd easily be a match for me after a few Canzoomer upgrades, so he ordered the Stage 2 package which is supposed to provide a 40HP increase. If that was true, he'd be good enough to best my mods (in theory). He had it installed at JN Mazda (a local dealership) and he drove the car for 50 miles the same day.

After work, he called me to see if I'd be interested in a rematch. I'll admit to being a bit worried at first, but once we both dropped the hammer at 35mph to 100, the result was the same as it was before... I pulled on him the same rate I did when we ran last time, so I was like "wtf"? I thought he was holding back but now he's suspecting that something may be wrong. He emailed Canzoomer a while back regarding his issues. Anyone experience anything similar?
Old 07-27-2004, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Hyper-X,Jul 26 2004, 02:10 AM
Not to knock on RX8's (I do like them a lot), however my friend and I ran a few times when we were both stock and it wasn't hard to beat the 8. After I put on a few mods, it was almost too easy.

Then my friend started to tell me that he'd easily be a match for me after a few Canzoomer upgrades, so he ordered the Stage 2 package which is supposed to provide a 40HP increase. If that was true, he'd be good enough to best my mods (in theory). He had it installed at JN Mazda (a local dealership) and he drove the car for 50 miles the same day.

After work, he called me to see if I'd be interested in a rematch. I'll admit to being a bit worried at first, but once we both dropped the hammer at 35mph to 100, the result was the same as it was before... I pulled on him the same rate I did when we ran last time, so I was like "wtf"? I thought he was holding back but now he's suspecting that something may be wrong. He emailed Canzoomer a while back regarding his issues. Anyone experience anything similar?
About the Canzoomer piggyback: there are mixed reports of cars responding to it fairly well, and others simply getting worse. Seems that the fixed A/F maps on the CZ unit don't quite apply to all cars -I would assume that the MAF/MAP would actually do the job here, but....

Anyways, was your friends a CZ2? I have to go look at it again, but the Stage2 is a Catback unit + Fuel & Timing changes. Whereas Stage1 are only fuel maps being modified. Tell your friend to get the cable to re-program his unit. If he's got a good shop nearby, they should be able to tune it properly.

More to read @ http://www.rx8club.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

BTW, S4K, good kill!
Old 07-27-2004, 11:03 PM

"Cock-y!"
Old 07-29-2004, 11:58 PM

i just heard on the radio the rx8 is now only for $20 thousand...hmmm...car just came out..and the price is sooo dropped now...bad rep i tell yah....