S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

sorta O.T. Ticketed by aircraft

Old 10-16-2000, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MacGyver:
Sorry, but about the closest that would come to entrapment would be if the plane dipped low and tried to coerce you into racing him.
I love it! That would make an excellent defense.

"Yes, your Honor, I saw the plane, but he kept speeding up when I would, so I thought he wanted to race!"
Old 10-16-2000, 02:32 PM
Banned

Mellow Yellow,
I am the King of traffic tickets here )I think) 17 in 3 yr 37 since I got my drivers licence in 1985
DO NOT just pay the fine!
Check into the laws in your State and do 1 of the following:
1. Plead no contest, and ask the judge if you can go to traffic school, this will eliminate any points on your licence, therefore your insurance Co. will never no, and if your lucky the judge will reduce the fine amount on the ticket
or
2. plead not guilty, they will set up a court date, now with my 8 airplane tickets I plead Not Guilty to all 8 and when the court date came all 8 times the pilot never showed up in court, therefore the charges were dropped and it didnt cost me a penny

Hope that helps
Old 10-16-2000, 02:43 PM

Originally posted by Marco:
Mellow Yellow,
2. plead not guilty, they will set up a court date, now with my 8 airplane tickets I plead Not Guilty to all 8 and when the court date came all 8 times the pilot never showed up in court, therefore the charges were dropped and it didnt cost me a penny
Hope that helps
Worked for me too...You should try this method!!!
Old 10-16-2000, 04:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Watch out for this method, though...if you lose, you generally pay not only the fine, but some major court costs as well. Something to chew on...
Old 10-17-2000, 08:32 AM

I have always used the Fight every ticket defense with great success.

(in km/h)
95 in a 50 reduced by cop to 70 in a 50
went to court - cop did not show

headlight cover citation - cop didn't take covers for evidence
went to court - cop did not show

70 in a 50 reduced by cop to 65 in a 50
went to court - radar trap, cop was there along with everybody he nailed at that trap. Pleaded not guilty with the prosecutor, cop was sitting next to him and laughed, he said "I give you a break and this is what you do?". waited for my turn, judge looked like he wanted to go home (ie no patience). Went up there and pleaded guilty with a reason. told the judge that I was speeding but not as fast as the cop says I was... it's my word against the officers and that it would waste the court's time to bring him to the stand and argue. Requested a suspended sentence. Judge took about 10 seconds and said OK!. No points, No fine. got a glare from the cop as I left the courtroom.

Always go early for your trial and see what mood the judge is in. If they are in a good mood you can get away with certain actions asking the cop for (and he has to have it or provide it)
- Radar calibration info (Dept tech test report and his daily interval report)
- Notes as to the time / weather / conditions etc. if the info is wrong, you get off.

also if the fine is high enough get your speedo checked at the mechanic and bring the report with you. One question they will ask is how fast you were going. they will then ask if your speedo has been checked recently. They usually state that you don't know if your speedo was wrong or not and therefore the cop's calibrated gun is correct.

Another thing to look out for is traditional radar is usually + or - 3-4 kph and photo radar MUST be taken at a certain angle (i think 22-26 degrees) for the reading to be valid. If the photo radar is not at that angle, remember the setup (draw it on paper or take a pic (gregstevens) if you can. When in court you can ask for the photo radar operator to be present to account for calibration as well as weather / driving conditions etc. They will usually drop charges instead of having the operator present.

sorry for the long winded message, I hope it saves at least one (if not more) of you out there.

f
Old 10-17-2000, 08:43 AM

I've gotten a fair number of tickets in my day. I've slowed down alot and have not had one in over a year. I've fought or had fixed every one. To my knowledge I don't have any on my record. I've either pleaded them down to no seat belt/ broken tail light etc, or went to trafic schooll, or the cop did not show up. Thanks for all the info, I was just currious how well the aircraft tickets held up. I had never recieved one of this sort before. Also this was on the I10 bridge between baton rouge and Lafayette.
Achafalaya bridge. sp???

Anyway, thanks for the info.

I can't wait until I get my car. (wonder if I could remove the soft top and install a small set of S.A.M.'s??)
Old 10-17-2000, 08:55 AM

Mellow Yellow:

For what it's worth - check out: http://www.angelfire.com/ok/neurofeedback/...k/speedtic.html for how to beat a speeding ticket. I don't know if aircraft tracking is covered; if not, just do a Yahoo search for "Speeding Ticket" and check out all the info that comes up. Good luck!