S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

soft top repair

Old 04-05-2008, 06:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default soft top repair

morning guys. last night a stray cat, whom i feed, decided to climb on my car and sit on the top. i creep over to him, here kitty kitty, off the car, and he freaks and digs his little F#%$R claws into the top. he put two teenie punctures with his nails. i have read up a bit on the repairs, and saw someone said 3m silicone sealent. was hoping some other could post up if they just did a small dap of this glue, or where they doing the full blown repair.

ps, after i checked on these pin holes, i noticed some wear marks near latches. so anonying. guesss i will deal with those two before they get worse. same deal, need to be steered to right products. thanks in advance!

hit me up with solutions!
Old 04-05-2008, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use your Glock to deal with the cat next time. (just kidding)

I just recently got my top replaced under warranty from Honda. One of the bars on the frame started to wear into the top on the inside, and you can feel the damage from the outside.

The wear marks from the latches are due to in not folding correctly. Next time you fold your top check that the first rotating bar, directly behind the latches, move back when you fold the top. If its not moving back. the isn't folding correctly, and you will notice that the latches are jamming against the fabric. This happens because the elastic straps are worn out. If this is the case, get modify's "convertible top fix" http://www.modifry.com/products/ctf/index.htm.

By the way, which model Glock do you have.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chino101,Apr 5 2008, 09:16 AM
Use your Glock to deal with the cat next time. (just kidding)

I just recently got my top replaced under warranty from Honda. One of the bars on the frame started to wear into the top on the inside, and you can feel the damage from the outside.

The wear marks from the latches are due to in not folding correctly. Next time you fold your top check that the first rotating bar, directly behind the latches, move back when you fold the top. If its not moving back. the isn't folding correctly, and you will notice that the latches are jamming against the fabric. This happens because the elastic straps are worn out. If this is the case, get modify's "convertible top fix" http://www.modifry.com/products/ctf/index.htm.

By the way, which model Glock do you have.
hehe, whats really funny is i like cats. hell, i have two of them that i took in that where strays. this one came along, and a dude just cant have more then two cats. its not right. so he is the outside cat that i feed. ****er got brazen last night though!

yeah i conceal carry a g27 and for home i have a g22. great feel for both of them, zero problems, and good caliber. for shits and giggles i picked up a 357 sig barrel for the g27 and damn that shit was snappy! not the easiest for double taps i tell you that.

for the top repair, i have seen silicone sealent, the tears are so small right now i feel that if i can just get the right adhesive sealent on there it can stop if from getting worse. just a small dap. and oh yeah the damn top wasnt folding right for a while. i finnaly got with the finger on teh front bar trick while its going down. stupid straps.