UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Jenson

Old 12-01-2009, 11:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL, may we remind casual viewers about the 2006 'siezed geo bolt' letters.

More chance of shagging a procupine.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:16 AM
jsh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bokkie,Dec 1 2009, 10:56 AM
folks

Today's my day to chase Honda UK for the final verdict on what went wrong with the failed engines. They told us some weeks ago that they expected to have received the answer from Honda Japan by yesterday.

Anyone want to place a bet as to whether our friends in HUK Slough have an answer for us?

Any takers on a yes?

Ah, you're leaning towards no?

I'm waiting on HUK Customer Services to come back to me...they didn't have an answer when I rang this morning!

So please bear with me, I'll update as soon as I have any news.

In the meantime, maybe this'll help:

Old 12-09-2009, 07:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dream on.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Steve, nice link to the following lyrics:

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star

As you know, Honda UK told us they expected to have formal findings from Honda Japan by last Monday (30 November) - not the first expected deadline either! After I'd not heard from them on the Monday, I rang Jo at HUK the following day only to be told they'd not heard anything and indeed may not hear anything for up to 6 months! This timescale keeps moving...and in my eyes it's not acceptable. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was an attempt to fob me off!

Now guys, I'm not a complete idiot. I don't expect an international motor manufacturer to shoot themselves in the foot by publically admitting to engine failure. But Honda UK created an expectation that an explanation would be forthcoming, particularly given the number of concerned new S 2000 owners in the UK, the number of engine failures and new engines on order.

I've worked in the dispute resolution field for long enough to know that you do not make a promise to a customer that you are unable to fulfil. And that where a customer makes the effort to complain, they must be very unhappy indeed.

In all honesty, I'm not surprised by their lack of response. Honda UK have struck me throughout this escapade as being reactive, inert and ineffective - operating in silos with one hand not knowing what the other's doing. It has been Honda Bristol (i.e. Gaxxy/Alasdair) who has been the activist for resolution.

I'm unimpressed by the customer service I have received at the hands of HUK. Throughout this affair I've expressed dissatisfaction at a number of things but to date these have not been addressed or acknowledged by Honda UK.

The one shining light in all of this is Jenson after a session at Center Gravity, Chris has waved his magic wand and I have a NEW car!!! My car handles like a dream! Pity I can't say the same about Honda UK!

I had a dream: a new S2000 which would be virginal & pure, without the constant hassles associated with my old 05 car. The dream lasted not even 4 months! And the customer support that I have received from Honda UK leaves so much to be desired that I know for a fact I shall NEVER purchase another Honda! Jenson is my last.

Now if only I could get that bl**dy tune out of my head....
Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 PM

Received 247 Likes on 212 Posts

I think my letter from customer services is on en-route via China, on a very slow boat, this also may be our last Honda unless things take a turn for the better, in more ways than one.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by martin j,Dec 9 2009, 09:10 PM
I think my letter from customer services is on en-route via China, on a very slow boat, this also may be our last Honda unless things take a turn for the better, in more ways than one.
Don't you mean Japan?

Jokes aside, I find their apathy shocking and extremely frustrating. They've not taken ownership throughout this matter and seems to me this is perpetuated in your dealings with them!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with the greatest of respect, I doubt they are at all bothered about loosing potential customers such as ourselves? They no longer produce a car that would interest 90% of the forum users.

The future is dull....the future is green (a rather turgid shade of it too...)
Old 12-10-2009, 12:45 AM

I agree.

And that is where Honda UK fail.

I'll be in the market for a nice motorway cruiser in a couple of years time.
The S will become a weekend toy.
The Accord Type S is a really nice car that could suit the bill

The current Mrs Gaspode's car is due to be replaced in 2 years also.
A Jazz is on her short list.

People's transport needs vary with age / lifestyle.
Some folks are a 1 car family - and when junior is born - the S is sold.
But there is the opportunity to get them in a Civic Type R or any other Honda.

If you compare the marketing spend to get people into a Honda, with the spend on making sure people are happy with their Honda, I'm pretty confident who gets the lions share.

The problem is - once you really piss off the customer - they will never buy that brand again - and likely tell 100 people over the course of a year - about how bad their experience was.

Alasdair and Bristol know what good customer service is - and are doing their best to ensure my next purchases are Honda's sold by themselves.

It would be nice if I felt HUK had that same goal.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still, I guess the risk of losing the odd customer from here would outweigh the customers they lose when the news breaks out that they produce faulty engines and become unreliable because of it.

And we all know that being the UK, making money is their first priority and customers services comes a lot further down the line.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:29 AM

Received 247 Likes on 212 Posts

Fortunately my dealer is on my side, even he gets pissed off with them too. Time will tell, since I've been promised a financial "sorry for the hassle" it may take into the new year when the budget is available to reach me.?

Quick Reply: Jenson