Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Any of you bought through Coastal Metals?

Old 04-13-2004, 07:26 AM

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Any of you bought through Coastal Metals?

I ordereded a front lip spoiler protector from them over a month ago and still have not gotten it, I called several times and they have told me it will be shipped soon, and 2 weeks ago they said I would have it last week and nothing.

Anyone have any dealings with them, because I am starting to get worried now.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:42 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

That is a crap-tastic piece. I kept mine on my car to show people what NOT to buy.

It's not a protector by any means. If you hit a parking block and bend....ahhh I don't want to re-write it all. Read here:

Coastal Metals splitter is a piece of poo! That's my honest opinion. It's sold as a protector but does not protect worth crap....in fact, if anything, if can be more damaging.

It's made of a metal and is bolted onto the bottom of the bumpercover. Normally is you hit something like a parking block, most likely you'll be doing less than 2mph. Your bumper cover can bend and will recover as you back up off the block. Your paint may spider, or scratch however. With the splitter/protector on, that same block will bend the metal (which will not break away from the bumper cover) and will torque your bumper cover. Now you're left with a bent cover that definitely has cracked paint (and a possible rip in the cover, or broken off mounting holes on the underside).

For the longest time, I kept my splitter on to show the locals of what NOT to buy.

Oh yeah, I had fittment issues from day one on the splitter....Coastal Metals customer service left much to be desired by me. They are one company that I won't be doing business with.

This is all the opinion of Urmil and is not represented by the S2KCA or S2Ki!
For complete thread on this topic go here:
http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php...ghlight=coastal

That was a garbage product, from a company with garbage customer service.

Dezoris, if you still haven't recieved yours and want to cancel your order....go ahead and do it. I have the splitter sitting in my basement and it's yours for $20.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:44 AM

Is the front lip protector any different than the splitter?

It seemed like in theory the lip protector would at least take the scratches instead of the lip?

Thanks for the input, I'll wait to hear back from you, before I cancel.

Mark.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:17 AM

Lip protector is the same as the splitter. Same material used in construction...it's just not as long as the splitter. The protector sits flush with the lines of the bottom of the bumper.

Here is what the splitter looks like head on:

Look at the bottom of the CAR'S bumper!!!

They both take the sratches, however, keep in mind that the material is metal. When it scratches, the black cover scratches off and leaves bare metal which is much more noticeable against the black finish.

Like I said, you're close enough to where we both live that you can come by and check out the splitter this weekend if you're free.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one as well. While I have to agree with Luder about their service, I am completely happy with the lip protector. I know it has saved my lip several times. It also shows no signs of wear. Given the cost of the splitter versus the cost of a new lip, I would not hesitate to do it again. Maybe the next time they will get mine to me faster than the 2 months I waited on the first one.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:53 AM

I got mine 2years ago and at that time they sent it quick. Talking to them sounded like they were in a house yelling to each other room to room. But I got and and I liked it. It saved me on several occasions. Personal choice I guess. I didn't feel comfortable dealing with them so I was happy to have received it.

Good Luck
Old 04-23-2004, 05:15 AM

I canceled my order it has been 5 weeks and nothing.
I will make my own.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:13 AM

BTW,

I found out yesterday that S2000GT has a bumper protector/splitter for sale. It's the one that extends forward, like the one seen in the picture above.

You may want to try to PM him and shoot him an offer.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:28 AM

thanks Luder,

Yes I have one available. If anyone is interested just shoot me a pm with a reasonable offer. I am not looking for top $$$ on this so do your best!!

Let me know if you want some pics.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:19 AM

will it work on the Oem spoiler?