S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Project Car and Turbo Build Project- Questions and HELP

Old 07-06-2011, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Car and Turbo Build Project- Questions and HELP

I am looking for a project car and over the course of time I have come across the S2000 as a good platform.

I am looking for a good 500whp+ producing kit (with obvious additional standard bolt ons). I was seeing if the block needs to be built for these levels of HP? Also does the gearbox need work or just an upgraded clutch and flywheel is fine? I have heard the gearboxes on these cars are pretty bullet proof. Does the rear end need to be reinforced?

How hard is it to work on this motor? Does it need to be lifted often? Is this a tough platform to work with?

Obviously I have not done any truly indepth research yet, but I just wanted to get some standard questions out of the way and I really appreciate anyones responses. I have never dealt with Honda before and have done alot with Audi and BMW.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:20 PM

The motor is tough. Take a look at the power chart thread and you'll see what people have made on an uncracked block.

Unfortunately the rear is not bulletproof. We've got good options for beefing it up, though, search PuddyMod, full blown ford 8.8, inline pro r200. The last two are overkill for you, TBH.

Gearbox options suck ($) but most people still run stock. If you want to be all belt and suspenders you could source a used stock box as a spare.

For reference before I sent the car in for a whole bunch of work, I drove it daily for a year at 450/319 all stock drivetrain (except clutch) and never had a problem. I definitely wasn't kind to it but, that said, I never launched it. Not quite the power you're aiming for but something to consider before worrying too much up front.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Topillogic
The motor is tough. Take a look at the power chart thread and you'll see what people have made on an uncracked block.

Unfortunately the rear is not bulletproof. We've got good options for beefing it up, though, search PuddyMod, full blown ford 8.8, inline pro r200. The last two are overkill for you, TBH.

Gearbox options suck ($) but most people still run stock. If you want to be all belt and suspenders you could source a used stock box as a spare.

For reference before I sent the car in for a whole bunch of work, I drove it daily for a year at 450/319 all stock drivetrain (except clutch) and never had a problem. I definitely wasn't kind to it but, that said, I never launched it. Not quite the power you're aiming for but something to consider before worrying too much up front.

Do you know what kits are good for a solid 475-500whp? I am not looking to run a turbo to near its max potential either. I am looking for a conservative tune to reach the 500whp. Is that even possible? Any kits more proven than others? What levels are you seeing a cracked block at?