S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

blew off the oil cap part II

Old 10-02-2001, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blew off the oil cap part II

As I stated before, the oil level was fine. I started looking around the engine bay for the old oil filler cap. With a flashlight, I found it wedged between the engine and the firewall. I tried with everything I knew to get it out. It is tight back there and I could not get my hand anywhere near it. My wife's hand is smaller and could get her fingers on it. She managed to bring it up almost to the top of the engine and then dropped it. This time when it fell it hit something at an angle and shot under the firewall, I guess on top of the transmission. I tried looking underneath to try and get it, but no luck.

Today, I got my newly ordered oil filler cap and did not think too much about the other one hoping it would fall out. Now there is a funny sound coming out around the shifter. It sounds as though the cap maybe wedged or touching something it should not be. I have no idea what the top side of the transmission looks like and would guess that the shifter going into the trans. is sealed somehow, but it does not sound like it.

I am taking it to the dealership tomorrow morning to put it on a rack so that they can try and get it out without taking the trans. apart.

Has anyone seen the trans. or the top side of the trans. to know it this is even possible?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2001, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine fell off too one week after an oil change. Started smelling oil and hearing a rattle. Thank god I had the sense to pop the hood and take a gander. Even more astonishing was the fact i was able to pull it up from the cavern it was wedged into. I gave the bastards hell. Someone should notify Honda to tell their techs to get with the damn program.

George