S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 Mileage

Old 08-05-2018, 06:59 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody View Post
Middle aged and old people are on their phones while driving all the time as well, old timer.
I am not a freaking old timer and I know the difference in dealing with distractions in the cockpit; that is my entire work environment. I will give you anyone of any age can be distracted and cause an accident, but for the most part, statistically speaking from long historical records, teenagers and low twenties drivers are the cause of most accidents.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:07 PM

Received 95 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller View Post
I am not a freaking old timer and I know the difference in dealing with distractions in the cockpit; that is my entire work environment. I will give you anyone of any age can be distracted and cause an accident, but for the most part, statistically speaking from long historical records, teenagers and low twenties drivers are the cause of most accidents.
That has always been the case.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:41 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

It's all relative. I consider anyone over 50 an old timer. That's more or less how I looked at things as a kid, so it doesn't really make sense to change my opinion now just to suit my age, lol. As an old timer myself, I've spent enough time on a motorcycle to realize that ignorance while driving definitely has no age limits. For what it's worth, I've known some amazing pilots that were terrible drivers who were easily distracted. Whether I'm in a car or on the motorcycle, I always proceed as if everyone else on the road is distracted. Most of the time it doesn't feel that I'm too far off with that assessment. I've been licensed to drive for more than four decades at this point. I've yet to have a single accident. That actually does not bring me any comfort as the odds stack up higher and higher against me every time I hit the road.

No one knows how much time they have left on this earth. It's funny that we worry whether or not our cars will outlast us (I'm guilty of this at times myself) when we should probably be thinking of it the other way around. Anyway, I've had friends that bought Hondas that were terrible at keeping up with maintenance and they still managed to get a couple hundred thousand miles out of them. That always amazed me.

Last edited by GuthNW; 08-05-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:48 AM

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk View Post
If high miles I look for single owner if possible.
We just bought an 06 Civic for my mother in law with 256k miles on it. It's a single owner car and in perfect mechanical shape. It will do another 100k if well maintained.
This.

High miles with a number of owners doesn't instill confidence that maintenance has been performed adequately. It's always a gamble and sometimes you get lucky. At least with one or two owners you know a majority of the history.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:39 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller View Post
In reality, for me, the biggest threat is an idiot young person texting and ending my S2000's life prematurely.
Young person driving a manual car? What universe are you in?
Old 08-13-2018, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally wouldn't buy it but if the price is right and you're comfortable with that amount of mileage then go for it.