S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Kraftwerks SC inbound, advice would be helpful.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FastUnicorn
It is certainly possible to do an LHT-esque install yourself, but it takes a lot of research. I read this entire thread and watched literally every LHT install video up until 9/19 when I installed mine to learn all of the part numbers, the tricks, etc. Even with an LHT-style install, you are not guaranteed not to have issues, they happened to the author of this thread. If you really risk averse, go with SOS. you will probably make less power and spend more, but they are more reliable. You can also do the TTS kit to make about the same power as KW with more reliability, but you will end up spending $7k+ I think.
Thanks for the reply!

Eh, I have no problem with risk. I completely understand modifying a car, let alone supercharging a car will increase the odds of something going wrong. I'll probably stick with the KW kit.

The main points look to be upgrading the hardware to ARP hardware where needed. I'll be sure to do more research before install though!
Old 08-07-2020, 04:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Kraftwerk kit is cheap mod version of TTS with Cog belt system. TTS has snapped bolt issue on blower as KW, however you need alot of strong bolts (12.9 or ARP bolts) to support 3 mount points. 3 things you need to do to have your KW kit running good. 1. The part I find most challenge part for the KW kit is belt tension part(37mm new belt, 30-35 on older belt), my advise to you is run the belt loose as possible to prevent belt snapped, when the belt snapped it will do crazy dmg to the cog system (pulleys, blower, and engine hood). 2 You have to get used to the belt loose chatter (makes you think is transmission flywheel/clutch issue) on the system when you engage in 1st gear (noise will gone when the car is warm up/when you above 2k rpm). 3. Keep the SC oil level on check, you should at 1/3 tank when the system at rest and 70-80% when the car is on idle/2k rpm to prevent the blower seized. Option, when you SC the car, you notice big different on the temp in engine bay, suggest get SPAL fan with upgrade radiator/ cut vent will help to release the heat. So far I'm running C38-81 blower almost 3k (self installed), the car tuned at 430WHP/ 285lb/torq at 13psi by Evans tuning and I like the KW kit.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by d16tof22
I don't know about the install of the KW kit - I did the SoS kit in my garage over a weekend and it was simple - but there are plenty of good tuners in the area. Tuan at PTuning tuned my car a few years ago and it's still running strong. Made 396 whp and 240 or 250 lb/ft on their dyno which I am told reads lower than other in the area. I also still have the stock exhaust and a high flow cat, so it sounds stock-ish when I drive it normally.
was your motor all stock? Which blower was it and pulley size you running? My sos kit is waiting to arrive.