S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Upgrading the Boost

Old 06-17-2005, 07:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No, I'm serious. Chris Barry is the guy over here that put an F20C in a PRB Clubman.

http://www.speedracersportscars.com.au/PRBS2K.htm
Old 06-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Former Moderator

Received 292 Likes on 271 Posts

I've done on car spring/retainer swaps using compressed air in the cylinder, and the piston at TDC. A length of rope could also be fed down the plug hole with the Piston a BDC, then held in chamber when you put the piston back at TDC. The biggest factor is finding a on car spring compressor that is small enough to go around the spring, and not hit the head, yet still be strong enough to compress the spring.

BTW, Chris Barry is another S2ki user
Old 06-17-2005, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or modify one.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:01 PM

I know I am a little bit late on this post, however I was having a few problems locating this thread using our search function.
Here is the most recent update.
Approximately 2 Weeks ago I received my shipment from Horsepowerfreaks.com including the following : AEM EMS 1052-U, AEM 3.5 Bar Map Sensor, AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator, AEM Air Intake Temperature Sensor, RC Engineering Injector and Large TShirt . Several days prior to that I had received my 650cc RC Engineering Injectors from Ztec. Roughly 3 days later I received my 3.25" Pulley from ASP.
I had a local friend of mine by the name (moparacker) completed the actual installation of the items this past Saturday. He decided not to install the AIT Sensor as he realized it was useless. As well, when I spoke with the Tuner & informed him that I had a Spoon Thermostat he told me to have it removed. He stated that this thermostat will cause the car to run a tad bit cooler which in turn will cause the ECU to put a little bit more fuel into the motor, which in turn causes it to run a tad bit smoother. He said this is okay with a stock ECU, however as the car doesn't always run at "Full Warm-Up Temperature" with this thermostat it can cause a few problems with an EMS. I figure with still having the Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket, Spoon Radiator Hoses & Spoon Thermoswitch my car will still run plenty cool!
In the meantime - this past Sunday afternoon I had my vehicle towed (thanks to S2K_Pikestyle's AAA Account) to the tuning shop and then stopped by the shop first thing Monday morning to give them the key and go over a few details.
This afternoon FF2Skip spoke to the tuner to see how things were coming along. The tuner started out by doing Street Tuning which he said went fairly well, he then went to the dyno for fine tuning using partial throttle settings which he stated as well went rather well! However once he switched over to the wide open throttle settings the duty cycle of the injectors had reached above 80% which he did not feel comfortable with. So they had to stop & turn the AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator up and start again.
Anyways, I am hoping to have the final numbers & updates on the entire setup tomorrow!

Stay Tuned......
I most likely will be starting a new thread tomorrow stating the final numbers though along with a list of mods on the vehicle
Old 07-13-2005, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by xviper,Jun 14 2005, 05:49 PM
Imagine that!
I won't bore you with all the threads I've collected about turbo problems. If you want to see them, just ask and I'll provide them.
Now you should go collect all the threads about SC's that have had problems.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Black Nugget,Jun 15 2005, 08:13 AM
Well, few new updates since last night.
I've looked through a few different web sites & spoke to a few different people to get a little bit further information.
Right now it is a toss-up between the two following:

- Science of Speed Supercharger Upgrade Kit including a 10psi Pulley, 550cc Injectors and AEM EMS. I will have to have it tuned here as I am in Virginia and they are in Arizona.
- Contact ASP to have a custom 12psi Pulley Fabricated, order 650cc Injectors and an AEM EMS.

I know need to find out if the AEM EMS is going to have a base map in it so I can drive it to the tuning shop (approximately 40 minutes away) or if i will need to pay someone to tow it.
I have some 750 cc RC high impedance injectors that only have about 500 miles on them if you are interested. A very good price too.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:51 PM

Spoke to the shop a little bit over an hour ago. The car is done, he is going to give it a quick start up in the morning to check things one last time and it will be ready to pick up around 11am eastern standard.
What he did tell me though was that due to the humid temperature outside I did not get as much boost as I originally expected, however the numbers that she put down on the Dyna-Pack is still rather strong. He did state that under cooler temperatures I should get another 1.5psi from the motor, but if I do I might be upwards of around 84% duty cycle on the injectors

So anyone that is getting a similar type set-up, I would probably go ahead and recommend the 750cc Injectors versus the 650cc ones.

Anyways, I will make a post tomorrow with my mod list & final numbers along with a print out of my dyno sheet