S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3

Old 08-31-2017, 07:02 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I also am not a fan of the complete blue interior. Cosmetically, the first thing I will change is the carpet to black. Going down the road, I probably will change the center console and part of the seats to black.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:53 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah I test drove a suzuka when I was looking for mine. So glad I didn't buy it.

Interesting enough, Sebring Silver actually doesn't look too bad with the suzuka interior.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found this 2008 in craigslist for sale in Houston.

Asking price is $12,000 with 147,000 miles and owner seem to know nothing about the car. First owner drove it for 9 years. Current owner is a son of an used car dealer, is selling it after few months because the seat and cockpit is too small and uncomfortable.

Two owners
Dents around
Torn seat
Torn soft top
Clear coat seem to have faded with paint peeling in front bumper
Carfax shown to have minor accident on front fender, front bumper and rear bumper with no structural damage

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d...265257353.html

The car seems to be driven daily due to its mileage for a 2008. Is it worth 4 hours drive to view/ buy the car?

A little bit about me. S2000 would be a weekend car. I thought I wanted a supercharged s2000 or AP1 but I find myself prefer the rawness of a NA. I probably won't spend money on modding it. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2017, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 BB single owner 90K miles

Listed at a dealer in Tacoma. Asking price is 18K. Higher miles than I'd like but it's a 2007 and I do love black. It would be my daily driver in Oregon. Thoughts?
Old 08-31-2017, 07:25 PM

Default A tale of 2 cars.

So at the moment I have the choice between

2007 BB 90K miles one owner for 18K from a dealer.
Or
2002 Silver 2 owner 75K miles with a silver hard top, 17K.

I really don't know. I really think the hard top would be great and I'd enjoy the 9K motor but it's a lot older car. I also like the black more than the silver. Dealer would be nicer because I can trade in my current car and remove one payment and pick up another payment. Other private party is have to sell my current car later which is get more money for but would be a bigger hassle. Final option is to not buy anything at the moment and keep looking.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at this 2003 Suzuka Blue with 68k miles this weekend. Being a S2000 novice I would like the collective opinion of the forum.

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/...280814399.html
They want 13.6k for it. Assuming everything checks out, is it worth it? Could I offer 11 on account of the interior being awful and small dent and get away with it?

-Pros-
2 owner - PO had owned it since 2004 and put 44k miles on it
PO was meticulous about getting the oil changed every 3k miles (roughly the mileage per year)
Overall condition looks pretty good. I would bet this car lived in a garage and only came out on occasion.

-Cons-
In 2011 Carfax is showing "damage reported" but does not give details as to what the damage was. The dealership that previously worked on the car was unsure.
Small dent in the driver's side skirt. I'm hoping this is the damage from 2011

-Pro/Con-
The interior.. This would be a weekend toy so I can handle the blue, but why Honda? Why must everything be blue...?

-Unknown-
Clutch Buzz or need for timing chain tensioner
Old 09-01-2017, 10:21 AM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojeran
Final option is to not buy anything at the moment and keep looking.
Fortunately there are always new S2000s popping up on the market, so you need not feel rushed. As you seem to be open all model years and colors, you're options are much greater than someone who is looking for specific color or model year (or both). If I was going to daily one of these cars on a year-round basis then I'd want to get my hands on one of the factory hardtops (not absolutely necessary, but it sure would be nice to have). I'd also probably be looking at a different set of tires than the summer performance tires that most of them will come equipped with (not such a big deal when the car is tucked away in the garage all winter long). Speaking of which, how are you set for parking/storing the car at work/home?
Old 09-01-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by GuthNW
Fortunately there are always new S2000s popping up on the market, so you need not feel rushed. As you seem to be open all model years and colors, you're options are much greater than someone who is looking for specific color or model year (or both). If I was going to daily one of these cars on a year-round basis then I'd want to get my hands on one of the factory hardtops (not absolutely necessary, but it sure would be nice to have). I'd also probably be looking at a different set of tires than the summer performance tires that most of them will come equipped with (not such a big deal when the car is tucked away in the garage all winter long). Speaking of which, how are you set for parking/storing the car at work/home?
Yes the silver hardtop 2002 I'm looking to potentially buy in Portland is still available but I haven't been able to see it yet. Wanted to this weekend but seller is busy with holiday stuff and the following week my wife and I will be on vacation in Vegas. I hope to see it before it sells otherwise. I might make a WTB and see what comes up. As you said I'm pretty open at the moment, I feel like the AP1 and AP2 both have their strengths so I'm not picky about that. Basically I'm looking for something in the 14-20K price range, 2002-2009 that isn't Suzuka blue or yellow (I like the yellow but wife hates it and we both hate the blue leather interior of the suzuka blue). Outside of that just stock or extremely lightly modded and well taken care of. Would prefer something will less than 80K miles on it but over isn't a deal breakers depending on upkeep and asking price. Also I have a garage at home the car will be parked in when it isn't at work, there just isn't any covered parking where I work. My work "commute" is only 7-12 mins each way depending on traffic and I generally only drive about 6K per year on my current DD which is a 2006 RSX-S.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:26 PM

Assuming everything checks out on the 02, I would snatch that one up. Silver is a very low maintenance color and perfect for DD. I think the S2000 looks the most aggressive and sexy in BB. It's the perfect color for a garaged weekend driver, but silver still looks amazing on the car and always looks clean. You'll also want that hardtop on a DD. I'm partial to the 02-03 cars for many reasons, so that would factor in my decision as well.

Last edited by Classic JDM; 09-01-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:01 PM

I agree totally about the 2002. It sounds great to me I simply haven't been able to see it because of the sellers schedule. My fear is that it will be fine before I return from vacation and I'll have never even gotten a chance to buy it. Found another car at a dealer in Seattle, university Mazda. A red 2005 with 30K miles which while slightly over my budget I could swing potentially depending on my current cars trade in value. Thing is the car is listed as Tango Red Pearl and has a black square on the bumper. Can fax title is clean but it has three owners (none of which drove it much). It raises me suspicions a bit. Red likely isn't ideal for a daily but I'm not against buying a beater winter car to get me a few miles to work and back each day.

Quick Reply: Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3