S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3

Old 03-19-2016, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone

Currently looking at this car. Car fax does report an accident, but the title is clean. Looks like the passenger fender was replaced. Also the top has some tears that have been repaired and it has been lowered via springs. Overall it's very clean. The price is in line with others in the area including Seattle.

2003 Honda S2000. 80k miles. Super Clean. $15991
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/5455736368.html
Old 03-19-2016, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrCouch
hey guys i ended up not being very happy with the sales team that i posted about earlier this month and found another GPW

2007 GPW / blk&red interior
59,000 miles
NO ACCIDENTS
all body panels VIN match
Factory GPW hardtop
Never modified (that i can see)

I havent seen the condition of the soft top but the salesman told me it was replaced by last owner so basically new. i also havent seen the underbody but when i drove it it felt very stable and nothing out of the ordinary. I also have no maint records from previous owners

its local should i pull the trigger?

thanks guys!
That is an excellent price. Especially being local and from a dealer? I would pull that trigger, bro. Very desirable color combo too.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkelley
Originally Posted by MrCouch' timestamp='1458322473' post='23912779
hey guys i ended up not being very happy with the sales team that i posted about earlier this month and found another GPW

59,000 miles
NO ACCIDENTS
Factory GPW hardtop

I havent seen the condition of the soft top but the salesman told me it was replaced by last owner so basically new. i also havent seen the underbody but when i drove it it felt very stable and nothing out of the ordinary. I also have no maint records from previous owners

thanks guys!
That is an excellent price. Especially being local and from a dealer? I would pull that trigger, bro. Very desirable color combo too.
i love the color as well and having the OEM hardtop is a huge bonus, anyone else have insight? its a little higher mileage then i wanted but has everything else i wanted
Old 03-21-2016, 08:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jkelley' timestamp='1458421223' post='23913607
[quote name='MrCouch' timestamp='1458322473' post='23912779']

59,000 miles
NO ACCIDENTS
Factory GPW hardtop

thanks guys!
i love the color as well and having the OEM hardtop is a huge bonus, anyone else have insight? its a little higher mileage then i wanted but has everything else i wanted
[/quote]

Personally, I would try to knock it down to around 23.5. Take away the hard top value (around 3500) and that leaves it at a 20k car, which is how I see that car worth. However, an 07 in that color combo is very hard to find. Try to talk them down a little bit, but if they don't, don't immediately pass on it. It's still a relatively good deal, if truly unmolested.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Breyeun
Originally Posted by MrCouch' timestamp='1458568108' post='23914805
[quote name='jkelley' timestamp='1458421223' post='23913607']
[quote name='MrCouch' timestamp='1458322473' post='23912779']

59,000 miles
NO ACCIDENTS
Factory GPW hardtop

thanks guys!
[/quote]

Personally, I would try to knock it down to around 23.5. Take away the hard top value (around 3500) and that leaves it at a 20k car, which is how I see that car worth. However, an 07 in that color combo is very hard to find. Try to talk them down a little bit, but if they don't, don't immediately pass on it. It's still a relatively good deal, if truly unmolested.
[/quote]
Thank you! thats exactly how i feel that its still 1-2k over what the going rate is but yes indeed it is all OEM and comes with the hardtop. also seems to be the only one within driving distance that color combo that i can see with my own eyes and drive. im thinking ill call them back
Old 03-21-2016, 09:55 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw that 07 GPW as well, looks clean! For me, the price and mileage are just a little high, but not outrageous. If you're looking to get into an S2000 right away and need the hardtop it's worth trying to negotiate a bit more or just pay up and end your search. Was $25,5 out the door?

Make sure you get a look at the soft top and under carriage too.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by jakescakes
I saw that 07 GPW as well, looks clean! For me, the price and mileage are just a little high, but not outrageous. If you're looking to get into an S2000 right away and need the hardtop it's worth trying to negotiate a bit more or just pay up and end your search. Was $25,5 out the door?

its a pretty clean car! shady little mom and pop dealer but whatever, they wanted 28k i said no way and told them 25,500 i stuck there and they are giving it to me. i know they probably put out 18-21k depending on how good they are but i am a service manager at a dealership i know how it works and didnt lowball the hell out of them. ill probably pick it up this week i gave a small deposit. 25.5 + tax& fees so im spending more then i wanted to but its clean its worth it.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jakescakes' timestamp='1458582944' post='23915100

its a pretty clean car! shady little mom and pop dealer but whatever, they wanted 28k i said no way and told them 25,500 i stuck there and they are giving it to me. i know they probably put out 18-21k depending on how good they are but i am a service manager at a dealership i know how it works and didnt lowball the hell out of them. ill probably pick it up this week i gave a small deposit. 25.5 + tax& fees so im spending more then i wanted to but its clean its worth it.
Go for it man, post some pics when you get it! I'm on the hunt for another GPW AP2 myself.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys..

I kind of need a little more room and have been contemplating selling the S as much as it hurts my heart. I can always buy another in a few years though

It's a 2004 Silverstone, Black leather interior, with 43k on the clock. Interior is in great condition and probably only needs new floor mats. The car is in excellent condition with only minor rock chips in the front from normal driving. It will also be needing new tires soon.

I had a small accident where someone backed up into my front bumper and it was scuffed/scratched, it was his fault and the guys insurance paid it and they repainted the front so it shows on the carfax but I have the pictures of the damage and it was really minimal.

The car has not a single ding or dent and is garage kept. It is also mostly stock minus the UK mod, shortram intake, front strut bar, tein lowering springs, and professional SQ sound system installed with proper sound deadening (Focal comps, Alpine Sub in custom molded enclosure, Pioneer HU), and tinted 20% all around. The softtop is also in excellent condition. I always get compliments on how minty she looks. I also have all the stock parts which can always go back on the car.

I was wondering what I could expect to get for it. Any tips, advice, suggestions? I'm located in NJ by the way.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by qbnlykwhoa
It is also mostly stock minus the UK mod, shortram intake, front strut bar, tein lowering springs, and professional SQ sound system installed with proper sound deadening (Focal comps, Alpine Sub in custom molded enclosure, Pioneer HU), and tinted 20% all around.
This sounds like an oxymoron, lol

Maybe looking around 14k, considering common color combo, tires, mods and minor accident.

Quick Reply: Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3