S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3

Old 03-25-2016, 08:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Kaputnik
Originally Posted by qbnlykwhoa' timestamp='1458762284' post='23917489
It is also mostly stock minus the UK mod, shortram intake, front strut bar, tein lowering springs, and professional SQ sound system installed with proper sound deadening (Focal comps, Alpine Sub in custom molded enclosure, Pioneer HU), and tinted 20% all around.
This sounds like an oxymoron, lol

Maybe looking around 14k, considering common color combo, tires, mods and minor accident.
It gets me every time. Stock is stock people! Just list the mods, however light they may be, but don't say stock, except for...

That's like saying "hey she's a virgin, except she slept with xx,xx,xx,xx and xx." She's mostly stock.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking into an 07 GPW Ap2 (black/red interior) with 68k miles in GA. Asking price of 19,899. Clean carfax clean record completely stock as per pictures. I would have to fly out to see the car and dont want to waste my time unless its worth its value. any input?
Old 04-09-2016, 11:08 AM

2006 Suzuka, 60k miles in SoCal
One owner, extensive service history from dealer
30k and 60k maint performed
VERY clean but minor bolster wear
All stock
Dealership asking $22k
Old 04-09-2016, 11:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stinkydiver
All stock
Dealership asking $22k
Im not sure about the socal market but here in the south that's a 17-18k car max. I personally wouldn't pay that much for it but thats because its the ugliest color they made
Old 04-09-2016, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by NFR-S2k-
Originally Posted by stinkydiver' timestamp='1460228920' post='23933241
All stock
Dealership asking $22k
Im not sure about the socal market but here in the south that's a 17-18k car max. I personally wouldn't pay that much for it but thats because its the ugliest color they made
Went and looked at it. Amazingly sketchy for a dealership. Missing vins on fenders, blank vin sticker on bumper, no s2000 badge on passenger side, drivers side was on backwards "2000s", but the salesman assured me the carfax was clean.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stinkydiver
Originally Posted by NFR-S2k-' timestamp='1460231269' post='23933255
[quote name='stinkydiver' timestamp='1460228920' post='23933241']
All stock
Dealership asking $22k
Went and looked at it. Amazingly sketchy for a dealership. Missing vins on fenders, blank vin sticker on bumper, no s2000 badge on passenger side, drivers side was on backwards "2000s", but the salesman assured me the carfax was clean.
[/quote]

Nah, I'd run. But the '06 is cool, with the one year only blue/black interior.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know what I think, but wanted to get others opinions.

Looking for my 3rd S, lasted less then 4 years since I sold my last one.

Was looking for a project, so this one isn't that, but it won't be driven daily, nor in the winter, as I have a daily TSX.

It's a 07 GPW with Black/Red interior, with 200k miles. New clutch, timing chain tensioner, valve cover gaskets etc around 5k miles ago. Has BC coils and some Varrstoen ES3 wheels(would be sold). Top has 2 rips, but he says they dont leak. Alao, has OEM lip.

Anyways, he is asking 13,500. We have spoken and we have a set price a little bit lower, that im happy with, but just curious what you would pay?

Yes, high miles. But won't be daily driven, maybe 5k miles a year if that.

Goal is hardtop, so not horribly worried about the rips in top. Last S had hardtop and I took it off 3 times in 2 years.

Thanks for your input!
Old 04-11-2016, 09:26 AM

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Alright ya'll, I'm on the fence about one I'm looking at and could use some expert input. I had a yellow 2003 previously, but lost it in a pretty bad accident almost two years ago. That one was nearly flawless, bone stock, and was my daily driver. This one I plan to modify and it won't be my daily driver. I plan to boost it eventually with the goal of around 400hp.

The car I'm looking at is a silver 2002 with about 77k miles. The guy was "firm" on $13,750 but has come down to $13,250.

Pros:
New top
New tires (Yokohama S something)
New windshield
New brake pads
New swift spec R Springs
New Koni yellow shocks
Has never had an insurance claim due to a wreck
Also comes with 2 car Covers and tonneau cover

Issues (thoughts or concerns in parentheses):
- Body is 8/10
- overall condition 7/10
- Arm rest pad on center console is damaged (replacable?)
- Rear view mirror wobbles (my other one didnt)
- Spots (stain?) On plastic vent surround (Not sure if that will come off).
- White spot (rubbed through?) On passenger door panel (not sure if that will come off)
- door pouch thingy elastic bands are sagging (replacable?)
- Left top latch doesn't quite line up (adjustable? Due to new top?)
- Trunk carpet is stained (lack of care from 2 owners ago)
- Sticker on front of motor is rubbed so can't read the engine code (how did it get rubbed off? Dunno if it has the upgraded banjo bolts or not)
- It has some kind of factory accessory alarm so that there is a little LED awkwardly placed behind the E-brake handle and the trunk button on the key fob says "option"
- I don't remember the steering having any play in it, this one has a little bit

Can't verify, but no reason to not believe:
- fresh trans fluid change with Honda MTF
- fresh Mobile 1 old change
- fresh Amsoil diff fluid change
- compression 225, 221, 219, 221 (he said he checked it when he bought it)

Other notables:
- brake rotors are good
- doesn't pull to either side
- didn't see any leaks (car so low it's hard to see under it)
- wheel bearings feel healthy
- didn't notice any weird noises or anything else alarming
- mechanically, it seems pretty sound. Just seems like one of the previous owners didn't take much pride in ownership. He was a 25 year old kid living in a college town.
- the current owner has only had it for 2 months. Says he is selling it to get something to mud ride in. Isn't able to carry the kids in the car and his wife wants him to take them when he goes out in it. He can mud ride with the kids. He changed the fluids, pads, and put on the suspension and some fancy rims. I don't want the rims though and the stock ones are still in good shape.

Also, if anyone has one in Northwest Alabama that I could check out this week for comparison's sake, that would be awesome.

Thanks for any help!
Old 04-11-2016, 05:22 PM

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Pulled the trigger at $13,100.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by qbnlykwhoa
Hey Guys..

I kind of need a little more room and have been contemplating selling the S as much as it hurts my heart. I can always buy another in a few years though

It's a 2004 Silverstone, Black leather interior, with 43k on the clock. Interior is in great condition and probably only needs new floor mats. The car is in excellent condition with only minor rock chips in the front from normal driving. It will also be needing new tires soon.

I had a small accident where someone backed up into my front bumper and it was scuffed/scratched, it was his fault and the guys insurance paid it and they repainted the front so it shows on the carfax but I have the pictures of the damage and it was really minimal.

The car has not a single ding or dent and is garage kept. It is also mostly stock minus the UK mod, shortram intake, front strut bar, tein lowering springs, and professional SQ sound system installed with proper sound deadening (Focal comps, Alpine Sub in custom molded enclosure, Pioneer HU), and tinted 20% all around. The softtop is also in excellent condition. I always get compliments on how minty she looks. I also have all the stock parts which can always go back on the car.

I was wondering what I could expect to get for it. Any tips, advice, suggestions? I'm located in NJ by the way.
You just described my AP2 lol..same exact mileage, one small'ish accident, mechanically sound (other than brakes which I'm going to take care of), UK mod, CR springs, .. I'm going to leave this very broad, but you'll end up getting over $15,000 -easy-, but less than $20,000 and that's assuming you do not have the OEM hardtop.
With an OEM hardtop and hardware I bet it could slightly crack $20,000 and still be a reasonable sale price. The used market here in the PNW is pretty strong, w/out the hardtop I'd list mine for $18,000 minimum. And would give the buyer the option to buy the OEM hardtop for (minimum of $3,000). Though mine's not for sale!
As for some of the aftermarket stuff, if any of it is worth much you may want to sell separately and put the stock part(s) back on if necessary.

Quick Reply: Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3