S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 08:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ap2low
What's up guys!

Im looking to purchase a used Greddy Kit that has popped up for sale but unfortunately it is a 00-05 KIT. My Car is an 07 DBW. Can anyone confirm if the alterations needed to make this work are correct?
Drill hole for IAT sensor
Plug holes for additional hoses not used by DBW
Get different injectors, (source spacers for fuel rail from where?)
What MAP sensor? (Hondata 4bar?)
Keep my NGK spark plugs or change?

Thanks!
00-05 kit will work on your 07, only difference that i know of would be the ecu you use to tune. The kit itself should bolt right up with no issues.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2KCHRIS305
Hows it going, after owning the greddy kit for 2 years my manifold has never cracked, but then there are some that the manifolds crack within a few months. It seems to be just a gamble when it comes to the greddy manifold cracking. I believe greddy has discontinued the s2000 turbo kit, so i dont think there is a new, updated manifold. Ive also ran the pfab manifold, even though they are more reliable when it comes to cracking compared to the greddy manifold, i did lose power. The greddy manifold is just a better design. Greddy manifold has individual runners, as pfab is just a log design.
Greddy USA have discontinued it. But Greddy Japan still sells the kit. Brand new kits.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:36 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Charstar604
Greddy USA have discontinued it. But Greddy Japan still sells the kit. Brand new kits.
i've just talked to GReddy president Kenji this weekend and he mentioned Trust Japan being all out of manifolds as well.

In new news Greddy debuted the Gen 2 S2000 turbo kit to my surprise this weekend at the Eibach Meet. I thought they had given up on the S2K community in terms of their turbo kit, so it was nice to see them taking this kit seriously.

The kit they showed off was a prototype (pre sending to Japan for mass production) so i think it used the old manifold, but they will be making the manifold much thicker than before to avoid cracking. The new kit should use better injectors than the old RC and of course, no E-manage since that's been obsolete from their lineup. Currently they are at the high 200's (like 290ish WHP) at 7-8PSI. They will be continuing R&D to get it to 300WHP. Engine management used was Hondata. New Turbo is of course a Garrett ball bearing unit. Best part is, the new kit should retain CARB EO status, so it will continue to be the only carb legal turbo kit for the s2000 (to my knowledge at least...i've been out of the FI world for a while now so I could be wrong).

Pics:

Old 05-07-2018, 09:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i had the original kit and for the most part, i liked it for everyday driving. i'm interested to see if they can solve the problem of cracking manifolds by making it thicker and i'm also interested to see what management they use. I dont think you can pass smog with hondata, right? (who am i kidding? lol im probably gonna make it unsmoggable just like my old kit, but it'd be nice to know if i can swap a few thing to make it pass smog.) any idea of the timeline on actual release?
Old 05-07-2018, 10:26 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by guamie
i had the original kit and for the most part, i liked it for everyday driving. i'm interested to see if they can solve the problem of cracking manifolds by making it thicker and i'm also interested to see what management they use. I dont think you can pass smog with hondata, right? (who am i kidding? lol im probably gonna make it unsmoggable just like my old kit, but it'd be nice to know if i can swap a few thing to make it pass smog.) any idea of the timeline on actual release?
I am not the best person to answer this so hopefully someone else who knows Hondata products can take a better guess. All i know is that for CARB to work, the OE ECU should be there, so i'm guessing the Hondata involvement would be limited to a reflash or chip, which if this is the case, means it would be limited to 06+ DBW Ap2.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys, just wanted to get your opinion on what may be the issue with my current setup, I recently finished installing the greddy kit but up graded the fuel pump to an aem 320, id1050x’s, haltech elite with flex fuel, dual port internal wastegate actuator and Mac valve, basically most parts I could think of to squeeze the most out of the kit, my issue is I have quite a large dip at around 5500 rpm, is this a common issue that anyone’s had before?

https://i.imgur.com/xDOuQrU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5U83GDX.jpg
Old 05-09-2018, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by brendan1990
Hey guys, just wanted to get your opinion on what may be the issue with my current setup, I recently finished installing the greddy kit but up graded the fuel pump to an aem 320, id1050x’s, haltech elite with flex fuel, dual port internal wastegate actuator and Mac valve, basically most parts I could think of to squeeze the most out of the kit, my issue is I have quite a large dip at around 5500 rpm, is this a common issue that anyone’s had before?

https://i.imgur.com/xDOuQrU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5U83GDX.jpg
im kinda in the same boat as you. what parts did you use to design your Duel Port Internal Wastegate Actuator? my Stock greddy spring is limiting me to 12lbs.

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
i've just talked to GReddy president Kenji this weekend and he mentioned Trust Japan being all out of manifolds as well.

In new news Greddy debuted the Gen 2 S2000 turbo kit to my surprise this weekend at the Eibach Meet. I thought they had given up on the S2K community in terms of their turbo kit, so it was nice to see them taking this kit seriously.

The kit they showed off was a prototype (pre sending to Japan for mass production) so i think it used the old manifold, but they will be making the manifold much thicker than before to avoid cracking. The new kit should use better injectors than the old RC and of course, no E-manage since that's been obsolete from their lineup. Currently they are at the high 200's (like 290ish WHP) at 7-8PSI. They will be continuing R&D to get it to 300WHP. Engine management used was Hondata. New Turbo is of course a Garrett ball bearing unit. Best part is, the new kit should retain CARB EO status, so it will continue to be the only carb legal turbo kit for the s2000 (to my knowledge at least...i've been out of the FI world for a while now so I could be wrong).

Pics:

Saw this on the Evasive IG Page and def following. The primary thing I want/need to upgrade is the exhaust manifold (Mines is warping but not cracked) turbo (too small and creating back pressure) and down pipe. Im at 350hp on 12lbs but im setup for e85, and want to make 400 to the wheel. stacking up for the winter already...
Old 05-09-2018, 04:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=LiveFast;24457048]im kinda in the same boat as you. what parts did you use to design your Duel Port Internal Wastegate Actuator? my Stock greddy spring is limiting me to 12lb

i just bought a standard duel port actuator from gcg with a straight arm. The actuator comes with serveral different springs ranging from 5lb up to I think 18lb.
Then I just molded the arm to be identical to the arm on the standard actuator that comes with the Greddy Kit.
Cut the standard actuator off its bracket and fitted the duel port actuator to that same bracket.

https://i.imgur.com/ExgF9jY.jpg
Old 05-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KCHRIS305
Hows it going, after owning the greddy kit for 2 years my manifold has never cracked, but then there are some that the manifolds crack within a few months. It seems to be just a gamble when it comes to the greddy manifold cracking. I believe greddy has discontinued the s2000 turbo kit, so i dont think there is a new, updated manifold. Ive also ran the pfab manifold, even though they are more reliable when it comes to cracking compared to the greddy manifold, i did lose power. The greddy manifold is just a better design. Greddy manifold has individual runners, as pfab is just a log design.
Old manifold was cast Iron. New one will be revised Cast Aluminum, and also the revised to not have that "valley" where possible cracking may occur. Prototype kit is being in development right now on my personal car
Old 05-09-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by EvasiveMotorsports
Old manifold was cast Iron. New one will be revised Cast Aluminum, and also the revised to not have that "valley" where possible cracking may occur. Prototype kit is being in development right now on my personal car
Lucky you! Getting the 1st Greddy v2. Did they have an eta on when the kit is going into public production?

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread